1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto or Polo: Kindly advice

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by slbaite, Jan 29, 2013.

Grande Punto 1.3
    As per Ravi's Advice go for PUNTO MJD if running is more than 1000 Kms. If budget constriant is there think of Punto Active MJD.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please wait for a few more months as you are in the market for the petrol hatch... punto Tjet and Polo 1.2 TSI are round the corner and they would be totally worth the wait !! We are going back in time with Hot Hatches coming back to the scene !! Yday, car n bike show was showing some hot hatches like renault clio 2.0 petrol,etc ,if launched in india soon, would be a hot competitor to punto abarth once launched..
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Source pls?? Punto TJet seems to be a rumour to me.Dont know about the Polo 1.2TSI.What is the point in launching a punto tjet??When Linea Tjet itself is dying down with low sales and heavy discounts on it, and to top it up the prices of petrol are nothing to talk off.

I would suggest buy an established car which has atleast completed 2yrs in the market, so you can get a reasonable feeback from the owners and you can decide on the factors of service cost and the spares cost too.Do not be a testing mule for the car companies :-D
  4. slbaite

New Delhi
    I commute to office by chartered bus so my car usage would be weekends shopings, family visits & other emergrncies. So opting for diesel is out of question, I guess & it will be my first car :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

I commute to office by chartered bus so my car usage would be weekends shopings, family visits & other emergrncies. So opting for diesel is out of question, I guess & honda jazz is out of my budget :(
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

I was told big things by FIAT people way back in Dec 2010 factory meet.Nothing happened.I assume it would really be nothing this time too.It's all talks nothing concrete on paper.FIAT's bread and butter is the MJD.They really get nothing from the FIRE/TJET's.TJET is no longer produced.Maybe it's going for a facelife.Even if petrol is cheaper or on par with diesel, people would still opt for diesel vehicles solely on the factor of mileage.Punto TJET seems very very far to me atleast for now.Linea TJET might get a facelift this 2013.

Don't expect 165bhp in india atleast.Everything would be a stripped down version along with the engine being detuned to meet our fuel quality and standards.Don't expect more than 120bhp for the indian version.
  6. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Go for Punto. Since your will not find any forum like TFI to support any brand(VW) in current market. if you have any questions\clarification on FIAT model, just post it here your will get instant help\answer(24\7). In my view, This is a another big +ve point to have FIAT with me\us. </SPAN></SPAN>:) Still thinking </SPAN></SPAN>:confused: ? Go for Punto you never feel, you made a wrong choice. (i am not a expert, it’s my feeling)</SPAN>
    2 people like this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    let me give one sentence background :D abt me n my punto:-
    i have learnt driving after buying punto.today completed 52000 Kms in 1 year 9 months ;) ... now just imagine the enjoyment while driving.
    You will love each and every KM you drive with this machine....
    Its unique car in the crowd.
    Go blindly for Punto.
    are here to help you out for your ownership of your ride.
    if you are tall boy forget polo at first instance

- - - Merged Post - - -

you pinged my thought with the same passion for our punto :up

- - - Merged Post - - -

i use my petrol bike(yamaha libero 2003 model) during office and enjoy my car ride only during weekends and highway drives. i own a diesel emotion punto.
    2 people like this.
  8. slbaite

New Delhi
    Thank u so much for the advice. Now my only concern is A.S.S. No doubt Fiat has expansion plan, but there is only 1 exclusive dealer ie. Fiat Cafe, Janpath delhi. With this, I could not visualize how am I gonna do servicing in future at delhi, leaving behind pan india.

Comparision (as per my test drive):
    1. Polo beige tone interior color is superb & feels sedan & spacious but Punto gray tone color is kind of dull
    2. Punto's front console cabinet is projectig 2 much & occupying so much of interior space, but not so in Polo
    3. Both have same boot space
    4. Roughly all features are same in both (2013 model)
    5. Not sure about mileage, but general concept that punto has lesser mileage.
    6. Sound system is better in Polo

Overall Polo scores better with superb interior layout & fit. My only attraction for Punto is that it is approx 20k cheaper.

Kindly correct me if am wrong :)
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

FIAT Caffe is not exactly a dealership, in the traditional sense of the word. It is primarily a cafe where you can check out the FIAT cars while enjoying the ambience and the coffee :) . Pay a visit there someday even if you don't have any plan to buy a FIAT. The caffe incharge Mr.Clinton Myers is a very helpful fellow.

The two exclusive dealerships already running are in Noida - Oberoi and Kashyap.

10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

sorry...but why do u even consider polo...apart from its brand image and looks..
    there should't be any other value for money reason why you should consider polo over punto..

and don't consider auto magazines.. they are totally biased..(guess u already know that)

Honestly.. in this tread forum, i don't believe any one will back you up to buy a polo.. its not because we are biased to FIAT..
    its simply the truth..
    Punto is way better car than a polo any day