1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto or Fiesta

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by shankspatel, Oct 23, 2013.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I think he was comparing the prices and not segments here. He probably meant that he could own a proper sedan by shelling out another lakh which isn't a wrong proposition IMHO.
    1 person likes this.
  2. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    well its as Mr. Kiran told a thought occured to me when i took the test drive of fiesta , if i can shall out one more lakh i could get a proper sedan like Fiesta Style even though the rear seat is a bit cramped, all other features and dash board did make the fiesta a bit desirable.

any one here knows whats the difference in price between Fiesta style and Linea Dynamic on road Bangalore after all discounts.

is there any difference between build quality of Fiesta and Linea as i have heard that Fiesta too has a very solid build quality
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you are particular about Sedan look at Linea Dynamic or if your primary criteria is performance, go for Skoda Rapid.

Fiesta Style and Linea Dynamic has almost same spec. But,

- Linea is built better and its HPS is more precise than the EPS of Fiesta.
    - Linea is longer and bigger.
    - Linea has bigger boot than Fiesta (500 lts vs 430 lts)
    - Linea dynamic has got 15" Alloys. Fiesta Style offers 15" steel.
    - Linea has Blue&me with USB port. Fiesta Style doesn't have bluetooth, USB and voice control.

TD both vehicles and take a call. If boot is not a criteria, Punto 90 is the car you will need. It is absolutely VFM.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  4. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you, Punto 90 did click all my requirements, but i felt that the back seat was a bit cramped, any idea what would be the difference between the onroad price of Punto 90 and Linea dynamic.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't know about the OTR price in Bangalore. Linea Dynamic is available at around 9.6L in Chennai. Bangalore price might be slightly higher than this.
  6. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    After visiting all the Fiat showrooms in Bangalore and meeting SA's in all the 3 showrooms, i have came to a conclusion that '' Fiat is not failing to make a good product but it has a very very weak sales team''

I mean till now not a single SA has voluntarily explained me the features of the car, I had to probe them to get the details, not to mention except a bit followup from the vecto team, none of them has done any follow up at all about my purchase, in fact even after following up with them for 2 days i still haven't received a formal quote from any of them.

comparing to their competitors the followups done by FIat team and hospitality shown towards the customers is pathetic.

if they keep the same thing, I am pretty sure that Fiat cannot grow the way Maurthis or Hyundai's did, heck i will say not even as much as Ford in India.

Fiat has to learn that just making good products won't make the market leaders, its the sales team and the marketing team that does that.
    2 people like this.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Well, Last weekend i visited a VW dealership here with my friend. All SA's know that very few people come down to the showroom without reaching the specifications and hence do not bother to explain much, the same happened in the VW dealership.

We asked the SA for a TD of the 1.6 Polo. He went in and came back running with a form that says that we will be liable for any damage that happens to the TD vehicle during the TD. I told him i have TD'd 4 different cars in the segment in the last couple of days and no other dealer had me sign any such forms. He said " Saar, this is mandatory and is the VW policy". I asked for his supervisor and that fellow gave me the same story. Infact, he was telling me that every manufacturer has such policies.

I just told him 2 things,

- Why will i take responsibility of a Pre abused TD vehicle of yours, what if there is a Braking system issue with the TD vehicle and the car fails to stop when i brake. He said " Saar, this is a new car, it does not have any such problems". I asked why i should trust him when he does not trust me and he did not have an answer.

- I iterated to him that all TD vehicles are insured for a reason and he does not have to tell me cock and bull stories.

Finally, i asked him if he will be able to give me a TD or not and he said NO. I just walked out.

I came back home and wrote a long mail to VW Customer Support. What happened? Nothing - No response.

Conclusion: The dealership sees 100 customers per day and they do not bother about every customer that visited and it is not an issue with FIAT alone. It is not wise to make drastic conclusions based on ones experience.

And we would have definitely visited another VW dealership if we were really interested in the POLO. My friend did not like the fact that the rear seat was extremely congested and the transmission tunnel was very obstructing. It's not that we drop our plans of buying a specific car just because we did not like one dealer.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I agree with some of your points, IMHO the SA's in Fiat caffe or dealers are not trying to sell the cars, they are just co coordinating the sales. i can accept that they cannot keep track of every one that visits the showroom, but the least that they should is followup with the customers who has genuinely shown interested towards the product or at least send a formal quote when one asks for it.

my experience in the VW showrooms was quite good, as a matter except for Nissan showroom, every other showroom scores above average when it comes to followup and hospitality.

during my TDs no one except the dealer of Marithi Kalyani motors asked to fill such form, yeah the SA at fiat cafe KHT did told me that if any damage happens i would be held responsible for the damage and I completely agree with you that any damage occurred to TD car shouldn't be blamed on the customer, because often the TD cars are usually abused by others
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    shankspatel, please stick to the topic for which this thread was started.

discussions about the SAs wanting to sell the cars or not are not going to help you choose between punto and fiesta! you should be more focussed on which car you want to buy and not on which car people want to sell to you.

going to the topic, fiesta has an outdated 8 valve diesel engine which is inferior to the Fiats diesel.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Agree with shams. Decide on the car and visit the dealer. If you are not happy with the dealer, change the dealer not car.

We can't really generalize that Fiat dealers are bad and they don't want to sell the car. Ramkay Fiat in Chennai is infact good and even better than many of Hyundai and Maruthi showrooms here.