1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto or Fiesta

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by shankspatel, Oct 23, 2013.

1. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    During my visit to KHT while speaking to one of the SA's I heard that Fiat is planning to open a service center in Mysore road, is it true.

is there any possibilities of any fiat dealers in opening any service centers near Rajajinagar, Vijaynagar,peenya, yashwantpur part of Bangalore. the closest service station to us is of Aadya, but frankly even that is not near to Fiat owners located in our area.

In the meanwhile I took a test drive of Fiesta Style diesel yesterday and was impressed quite a bit(not to mention Ford was offering nearly 2L discount on that model). I hope there will be atleast some more discounts coming for Punto 90 Hp this festival season. as the difference between Fiesta and Punto 90 is very less (around 1L) and my logical part is already thinking that 'just stretch your budget a bit and you can get a proper sedan with same ride quality of Punto'

- -
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Shankspatel,
    True to some extend. Its all in the planning stage still. Due to high demand, 1 more is planned. I also heard that 1 more is planned towards KR puram side on the hoskote road.
  3. What is the OTR for Fiesta? Punto 90 Hp has 1L discount.Was that a Top end model?
    I see the ex-showroom price it self is 946564. I checked with ford they did not confirm any discounts.

If you look at that way paying one more Lakh will get a Skoda Rapid, quality and power/torque wise better then Fiesta.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  4. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    - -

- - - Merged Post - - -

The model that i test drived was fiesta style diesel,after discounts they said that the price will come down to around 9.6L, that version has all the security features like airbags and ABS it lacks some of the premium features like alloy wheels and DTE display. but still its a very good offer.

where as for punto 90 after all discounts the onroad will come around 8.55L
  5. Did you compare it with OTR for Linea dynamic? Don't know when ford will discontinue the model as it hardly sells.
    Even Linea sells better than new Fiesta.IMHO it's a risk of million rupees on company and model that has reputation of discontinuing the models.

I would suggest you to look at Linea or Skoda Rapid.
    1 person likes this.
  6. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I did check the price of Linea dynamic its almost equal to that of fiesta, but the problem is dynamic doesn't come with Airbags( I am not sure about ABS). and yeah they are giving a facelift to the Fiesta in the first quarter of next year.
  7. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Did they change the spec; check once. My 2012 Linea dynamic has airbags(passenger and driver). The differences between emotion and dynamic then were larger tyres, leather seat and foldable rear seat.
  8. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Nope, no change in specs, ABS and Airbag comes with 2013 Linea 1.3 Dynamic also...
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have test driven Ford Fiesta couple of weeks back. There are 2 versions of New Ford Fiesta Diesel.

Feature List (Just to name a few that I could remember)
    Style:
    ABS
    2 Air Bags
    ACC
    Steering Mounted controls
    Cruise Control
    Electrically operated ORVMs
    Central locking

Titanium
    In addition to the features offered on Style,
    Alloy Wheels
    Voice Activated commands
    BT
    USB
    AUX (IIRC this is also available on Style)
    Auto fold ORVMs

The OTR in Hyderabad after all discounts quoted for me are as follows

Style : 9.5 Lakhs
    Titanium: 10.5 Lakhs

Note: No exchange bonus and stuff. The discount is directly from the manufacturer like what Fiat had earlier.

Style is VFM but Titanium with another lakh has all the bells.

Even I thought that Ford might phase out because of the poor sales, but read somewhere that a new facelift is due in 2014.
    When I spoke to the SE from Ford he also informed that the same engine and gear box is being used in EcoSport aswell and would not have spares issue as such. The Service interval though is 10k kms or 1 yr.
    End of the day it all boils down to what one needs from the car. Personally I loved the city drivability where there wasn't any noticable lag. The steering is the best part of the new Ford Fiesta which weighs up according to the speed of the car.
    Personally I liked it more than the current Linea. :ban

Lately I am noticing more T/R Fiestas in Hyderabad after the huge discounts being offered.

Edit: The GC of the New Fiesta is 156mm according to their website which is a huge let down for people who crib about pre-2012 Linea's low GC.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @shankspatel,

I am confused as to why are you comparing two different segments. Punto is a proper hatchback while Fiesta is a sedan. Ford got too ambitious with the success of Figo that they got the pricing of new Fiesta completely wrong and they got what they deserved in a price sensitive market. A big thumbs down, although the car is a fantastic product in itself. A good leap technologically over the previous gen Fiesta. But new Fiesta lacks the rear seat comfort. If you do need a proper sedan, there are lot of choices available.