1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PUNTO on PROWL in LADAKH

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vipin.rai, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Sandeep/Vipin,

Please don't laugh at my question.

Please tell me how you guys manage hunger and urge to visit restrooms, I have heard unless you are staying for night just the restaurants on the highway may not have good restrooms.

I have seen a guy who used traval from bangalore to Mumbai on bike only used have chocolates as one time meal before the journey.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not anytime soon(son will be in 9th next yr). Don't let the next chance go.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  3. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I found only one from fiat duos in whole ladakh other than obviously mine Punto, and that was Linea( of KL number plate) near Karu. We both given horn with mild smile :).

Before trip, I went for GC upgrade kit along with tyre upgrade (195/60-15---> 195/65-15), which was proved wise decision. Punto performed excellently even with fully loaded. Most difficult pass was Zozila for me, where Punto scraped twice but without any damage. As it was first pass for me that too with better road blocked. Rest whole srinagar-leh highway was in excellent condition barring few bad stretches. Road was non-existent for 15-20 km, from both north and south Pullu and there were some big boulders on the road due to recent rock falling. But that was done carefully without bottom scrapping. I found Changla comparatively less difficult than Khardungla.
    Leh-manali was much bad than srinagar-leh highway, but equally much more scenic. Worst stretches of Leh-amanli was from Pang to Baralacha and then as usual Rohtangla. But I found rohatng less difficult than the reputation in my mind made from various travelling threads before trip.
    I carried two plastic cans of 20litre, but was not required in any of the routes. Even in the route of longest gap of fuel station (i.e. karu-tandi-365 km), I ran it from Leh (not karu) to Kullu without re-fill with fuel level indicator needle barely touching the start of red line. In Kullu, we used both the cans. However, for any emergency, at least 10 Ltr must be carried.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Ravi, my father has just retired from Army. Punto was also registered against my father, as it was bought from CSD. I thought of removing it before the start of route from Udhampur to Sonemarg because of insurgency risk, but my father told me chill down, don’t be worry, it is not that much bad situation :).

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes, in some route, you have to content your self with basic needs. But it has its own fun of adventure.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Amit B

Amit B Timido

Excellent Travelogue - Just wanted to ask if your Punto was 75bhp or 90bhp....
  5. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Amit, its 75BHP