1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PUNTO on PROWL in LADAKH

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vipin.rai, Sep 29, 2013.

1. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Indeed Michelin PLC performed superbly on worst road without single puncture and any damage. This rejects the false propaganda against PLC that it is not suitable for Indian road.
    3 people like this.
  2. mekuldeep

mekuldeep Timido

Delhi
    Great log. Please through more light on how punto performed in ladakh. I hardly find any punto doing this stetch here on TFI.
    1 person likes this.
  3. mekuldeep

mekuldeep Timido

Delhi
    Great log buddy. Despite of detailed search I hardly found any Punto doing Leh-Ladakh. You broke the silence here. Since I too have one now I request you to put a short note about how the car performed in this whole trip and any problem faced with respect to vehicle.
    1 person likes this.
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    WOWW!! This is really awesome log vipin. Photos are treat to eyes. Being the owner of TW punto, dreaming when my Punto will taste the Leh soil. By the way how your punto performed? Did the GC was any issue?
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Brilliant pictures, somehow Leh/Ladakh pictures never gets boring.

Thanks for sharing.

I see "Army" sticker on Punto, are you (or family) from Army?
    1 person likes this.
  6. This should be eye opener to many who just shoe away Michilin from their list of tires just because of soft sidewall.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Vipin, Congratulations on your successful trip. You have conquered the highest motoroable road :clapping. On seeing the photos only one thing was in my mind and that is if seeing in pictures gives such a joy how it will be when one feels in person and also while driving.

Also hats off to your family who supported you all through this tough journey.

I was concerned about that "army" sticker too but Ravi preceded me.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent photos Vipin.. :) Now I am getting prepared to do this from Bangalore.. Can you share more details where will you get fuel.. I heard there are very few fuel pumps after Rohtang.. If not do we need carry extra fuel?
    1 person likes this.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent photos. Refreshed my memory of the ladakh trip(in 2004). Got inspiration for my 2nd ladakh trip by my GP.

147.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sandipan da when is that going to happen? Let me try my luck this time.
    1 person likes this.