1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

punto not starting.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vijay, Jun 12, 2014.

1. vijay

vijay Timido

assam
    Hi, I live in remote area of assam. I have punto 1.4 emotion pack. I met with a serious accident in january and was under trearment. I return back in june. My punto was lying idle in garrage. Today I try to start my car but couldnt. I had to open the door by putting the key in key hole. What I can do now. My nearest service centre is guwahati which is 300km away.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Nothing to worry much. The battery could have drained. Get a local battery shop guy to jump start your car. Everything will be in order soon.
    1 person likes this.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Don't push start the car by the way.

You can also, remove the battery from the car, take it to a battery shop, get it recharged and reconnect it in the car.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why ? i have done this once.

Jump start also works,i have done this as well :) .
  5. vijay

vijay Timido

assam
    Thanks friend for reply. Tommorow I will try to start the car as suggested and update further.
  6. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    I too push started once and later realized that I shouldn't have done that. Its written in the manual that it may damage catalytic converter.
    2 people like this.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I, too, had to push start once in 2011 but later realized that I shouldn't have done so when I read about it in manual. 2 weeks back, our car refused to start after 2 weeks of lying idle and the battery (OEM 50 Ah by the way) was drained. Simply removed the battery and gave it for charging for 1 day.

It is best to disconnect negative terminal if prolonged inactivity is anticipated.
  8. vijay

vijay Timido

assam
    Today come with a battery and mechanic from a garrage. He connected the battery from the battery of car and it started. I drive the car for around five km. Now everything is ok. Even mechanic told no need to recharge the battery.also I had seen the lots of rats remaining but still everything is fine. How these rats can be removed.
    w
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Discharging within only 2 weeks? Battery seems weak.
    My Fiat Uno FIRE was without use for 6 weeks due to broken ignition switch assly.

After installing new switch assly it easily fired on 1st attempt of cranking.