1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"PUNTO" Needs no intro !!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sunswape, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    all your exterior mods(Black & White) ends with the scorpion badge.:up
    Perfect combination of colors,alloy wheel.
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Hey thanks bro, but there is still no end. I still want to change alloys to a full black with mirror finish lip one :) That'll truly complete my all black and white theme.
  3. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Suggestions critics are welcomed :) IMG_20130317_174245.jpg
    Aviral singh, fiatlover, Tony and 2 others like this.
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

30000KM UPDATE
    As today car clocked 30000Kms (in 1year and 27days). Third service due now and car will going for it some couple of days.
    So far so good, some minor, very minor rattles have cropped up but are quite negligible. Engine has opened up a lot. Can clearly differentiate the acceleration from initial days of my Punto. Punto definitely ages well and gets even younger with time. Faced no major problem so far. Everything is going fine. Even brake pads holding strong even after clocking 30k kms on these, plz note that I use brakes moderately, not too much onto the brakes, may be thats the reason brake pads lasting this much for me (or not).
    Some minor issues do cropped up now, like front suspension has started making slikght noise whenever going through potholes. Its like something is loose somewhere. Then there is another problem, engine giving minor jerks post turbo spooling. Wont be raising this in service as I have noticed its more related to diesel quality. Thou I will surely ask TASS about it but wont let them do anything (we all know why).
    Rest car is running great, giving me constant 16-18kmpl mileage within city (according to MID). Maximum I got.... I DONT KNOW :-D I never bothered to check it. Car is so great that there are thousand of other reasons to bother about rather than this stupid mileage thing.
    Top speed I ever did in it is 140KMPH and I can also say that this car is rock solid till that speed can easily do more.

IMG_20130330_173644 - Copy.jpg

Now on this 30000KM Iam giving my car something special. THE PIONEER 80 PRS !! (Btw its more for me :evilsmile) Going for full active !

Watch this space for more !! There are many interesting things coming soon.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. Man your car is looking super hot, i haven't read your thread completely yet.
  6. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Hey thanks :)
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    What? are you guys serious, yes I see the pics. A bit surprised because I don't such fading in my car. If not the passenger side atleast it should be visible on the driver side because I keep my knee resting there most of the time.
  8. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Third service done last week
    (Now Odo is at 31,700)

Third service has been like a dish of mix tastes, from sweet to sour. It was not so good experience this time with the same TASS who did so well on my last service (15000Km one). Car was scheduled for 3rd free service. Gave car around 12PM, SA promised to give me car back till 3pm (and following the true tradition of all service stations, got my car very late, definitely not even around 3 :))
    It was a normal service along with some minor problems that were,
    1. front suspension making noise like something is loose somewhere,
    2. oil leakage in the engine bay, very very minor
    3. rear fog light out of its place, thanks to bikers

Job card was made for servicing along with given problems.

Time to take test drive and another person came for it, must be another SA (not sure). As safety measure for my car, i always insist to go along and this time too I jumped onto the passenger seat to accompany him :ugeek: We all know how these so called technicians handle our cars on the name of test drive. This time also it was no different, after asking the suspension problem and figuring it out soon, the chap started ripping my car, I was ok with it as long as roads were good. Matters got bad when this chap took some really bad potholes rashly :evil: It was the time when I reacted and asked him to better be careful. The response I got was, 'Sir let me check from where the sound is coming' :mad: After giving him some piece of my mind, he drove carefully and got car back to service station. Iam just wondering what if I was't there at the time he took the car for TD ? :rage (This smiley is enough to give all clues)
    Anyways, got back and the conclusion came out to be as fault in suspension bushes. They said they'll check support rod too as it is prone to get loose. There goes my car into the service bay and I towards customer lounge. For next 1 and half hour they were replacing all fluids in the car lol. Then ultimately after some 2 hours I saw two mechanics getting into my car and preparing to take it outside. Without wasting even a min I immediately went to check whats going on (was a lil way too cautious because it is really necessary to take full care in the most hostile place for anyone's car called AUTHORIZED SERVICE STATION :-D) Upon reaching the service bay I saw wipers wiping glass uselessly and these two bloody chaps were sitting and chitchatting inside :shocked Immediate asked them to..... :A but damage was already done and I easily saw new addition of minor scratches on the windscreen :sad1 Afterwards decided not to let car go out of sight even for a second. Next I accompanied mechanics along with SA for another TD for the suspension sound. This time too reason was given worn out suspension bushes. Came back and they got car onto the ramp. Checked everything beneath along with support rod. Final conclusion they gave was that suspension bushes need to be changed, but due to unavailability of those, they could't replace it. It was that time when SA told me that we are almost ran out of all the parts for FIAT because Fiat has stopped sending any parts to TATA only service stations. He said that they are just doing the formality of servicing Fiats, maybe a month more. Anyways, mine was also last visit there as a Fiat exclusive dealership along with service center has came up in Chandigarh.
    So atlast, my car got free from the ordeal, moreover than servicing :( Now even after telling SA some three times to not to send my car for washing, I saw my car waiting for its turn to get washed :A I strictly did't want them to wash my car because in the name of washing, these guys actually add loads of new scratches, break something or another, spoil interiors with dashboard polish which I suspect is some shoe polish and nothing else, etc etc. But sadly it was too late to do anything. Car was getting washed and until then, I paid the bill.
    It was already 6 o'clock till I received my car. from outside it was shining but later while waxing and polishing found loads and loads of minor scratches and swirl marks. Inside seats were badly stained, roof lining had stains at some places. Got all them corrected the very next day :-D Detailing bug you know :rolleyes:

Total cost for servicing Rs 8300/- which includes
    1. Brake pads changed (they did 30k to be precise and could do 2k more)
    2. Engine oil change
    3. Fuel filter change
    4. Air filter change
    5. Rear fog light repairing (was misaligned)

Now have to take car someday to newly opened FIAT exclusive service station to get suspension bushes replaced and to get oil leakage rectified. TASS did't even bothered to have a look into the engine bay.
    Eagerly waiting to get a taste of Fiat's own hospitality.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Revamping this thread with some more pics of my lil beauty. Odo stands at 38000kms
    IMG_20130714_181846.jpg IMG_20130714_185819.jpg
  10. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Who says Punto has dat much low GC :-D IMG_0461.JPG IMG_0464.JPG IMG_04472.JPG
    2 people like this.