1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"PUNTO" Needs no intro !!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sunswape, Jul 29, 2012.

1. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Great write up. Glad to see a trouble free ownership experience of GP MJD. Wish you many more happy and safe miles ahead.
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

So the journey with this beautiful Fist has ended as I have sold my prized possesion to an equally passionate Fiat lover.
    Tried hard to stick with Fiat only and thoroughly test drove all current offerings from Fiat. End of the day I was surprised that even after so many years, Fiat dont have anything new that can make even existing Fiat customer to stick with it. All Fiat added is just new bells and whistles to existing Punto and Linea, and nothing to engines or even worth having features.
    That was quite frustrating and heart breaking too as I still dont want to break away from Fiat, but then I also wanted to upgrade, which Fiat was not giving me at all.

Anyways, time moves on and so we. With lots of regrets, this beautiful story ends with this final picture of the new owner taking her away :-( and yes it broke my heart each time I saw this pic.

34a0a41888903f4b2c5b1430015dc44f.jpg

3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @sunswape Yes bro life move's on and we learn to move on. Glad that you had an enjoyable time with your possession. Yes Fiat lacks an upgrade for anybody wanting to move from a T-Jet to something new. Maybe next year we will have some affordable Jeep's.
    sunswape likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @sunswape

Sad to see you let go of the beauty which brought so much life into your life. But good to know that you enjoyed every bit of moment with her. I had similar feeling when I parted my Fiesta.

So what have you moved on to? Is it a Maruti, Hyundai or Honda??
  5. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Fiat should introduce some new products soon. I will surely return to Fiat if some new comes from them, be it even a all new Punto
  6. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Yes, Its completely sad for me too. Believe me, not feeling good selling this Fiat, as I was so deeply bonded to it.
    Moved to Ford Ecosport, as the closest car which came closest to Fiat was this only. Rest, never even looked any Maruti, Hyundai and Honda :) reason we all know.

Lets see how well Ecosport pays back. Punto set quite high standards already.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    ghodlur likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Fantastic choice. Ecosport is a good handler. I have driven it but not extensively, only in city roads. The rear mounted spare tyre gave me some nerves in B2B traffic and during parking. Rest it was a breeze.
  8. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Yeah it came closest to braking and handling. Though steering is a let down, hoping to get used to it.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for the EcoSport @sunswape !
    Parting is way more difficult when you have invested so much on the ride.
    Anyways, your headturner will now grace someone else garage :)
    sunswape likes this.
  10. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Hey thanks.
    Good part is that my Punto went just near my locality :-D I see it almost daily.
    So, the deal was infact went quite sweet for me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    pabhishek likes this.