1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"PUNTO" Needs no intro !!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sunswape, Jul 29, 2012.

1. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Thanks for the kind words :) Iam a hardcore detailer at heart and its the reason car still looks fresh :-D Car is getting washed every week by me from day one and followed by a topping up of sealants with a spray wax. So there is negligible effect of sun on the pain work. Similar is done with interiors, weekly polishing of each and every plastic and rubber part LoL. 1 lac kms should come in a couple of months ;-)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 8, 2014 ---
    You are spot on bro, thats the reason I never did all mods in a go. Did it in stages and always kept a well time gap between, and you are right, it keeps the car even more interesting then before and funds also never drains out too much :-D
    About that gauge, it costed me Rs 1000 for gauge + Rs 300 for fitting. Already had the pod for it so did't add Rs500 for that. And its easy to install, but the only risk to take is to drill a hole in one of the plumbing pipe post turbo, to take out a lil boost pressure to feed the gauge. Its working flawlessly since months now. Will definitely post a video of it. Watch this space :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 8, 2014 ---
    Forgot to add much needed pic :) 20141125_185610.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    himanshu4886, prabhjot and varunrtr like this.
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

The latest update is an even more wild remap. Got down to Delhi and got the old remapped out and new, even more aggressive, in. Akshay of GT Tuners was all waiting with his gear to do the needful. The guys behind the remap are quite known from TDI Racing, now name changed to Veloce Automotives thou, based in Bangalore. Reached Delhi and hooked the obd scanner. This time ECU was not even touched. Just read all the maps from ECU via OBD port and sent it via mail to Veloce head office in Bangalore where Sujoy, the head of Veloce himself changed the maps according to my needs and sent the new updated maps back which were then loaded to the ECM. I just told Sujoy to give me max performance he can give while being in safe limits as I never want to ruin Turbo or other internals of the engine, i still need a reliable car at end of the day. The exception I kept was the mileage, asked him not the try to keep mileage figures in check and just do a pure performance tune which he accepted and delivered way above my own expectations :-D The map was loaded back and we were back on highways to test out the new dose of power. Akshay knew where we can find long empty roads, and were there in no time to test out the new power delivery. First run, Akshay driving and Iam being on passenger side, it felt something has changed. Second run, Akshay floored the car and damn the limitations of 1st and 2nd gear showed up badly, BUT 3rd gear and we were flying like anything where car kept pulling cleanly and aggressively till 5000rpm. Engine got damn rev-happy and even much eager to hit the redline mark. Did some 0-100 and 60-100 timings, lack of a proper way to find the right timings like v-box ext, just used a normal stopwatch. Did some 5-6 runs back to back just to get as correct timings as we can get. Results were 0-100 was 11.2 sec and 60-100 it was 5 secs. I said DAMMIT !! Each time the 1st and 2nd gear spoiled the timings BIG BIG time, otherwise Iam sure we could have done under 10 secs timing quite easily. Now I must be the most happy person on earth LoL Came back and thanked Akshay for sparing so much time and doing the needful quite patiently.

Started our journey back to Chandigarh. I was all excited as I had almost 200+ kms of lonely highway in front of me to test out the remap in every possible way. Delhi traffic did't posed much of a hassle while exiting so was out of delhi in 40mins. Highway came and drove quite sometime on safe speeds so that we could get empty enough road to hit the speeds and check the new capabilities. As soon as traffic got very light, i floored the accelerator and was at 140kmph in bloody no time. We were 3 people on board with AC on. The pull in even 5th gear was so intoxicating that I just kept hitting breaks again and again to let the speed come down and to accelerate again :-D The Punto was behaving so damn well that I was smiling all the way back :) Thou I did't tried to race down anyone on road but seeing a Skoda VRS passing, decided to weigh the gains against it. That Skoda VRS being driven very passionately but with best part being that the guy was keeping a safe drive, breaking quite early and avoiding any bad or wrong overtakes. Just loved to drive with such a sensible guy on road. Anyways, hit the accelerator and without any drama we were on his tail and overtook him. This overtaking thing went for some 15-20mins and I can firmly say now that on speeds above 150kmph, Skoda was powerful, for obvious reasons, but below 150kmph my Punto left no hopes for Skoda to get ahead. The reason why this time my Punto was behaving so strongly was that now I was able to push the car all the way till 5000rpm that too, with ease and without loosing steam even at top end of rpm range, so I was able to avoid upshifting before hitting 5000rpm and many times above it too. All in all, the new maps are very very aggressive above 2500rpm and are kind of on less aggressive side below it. Perrrfect for me.

Earlier it was a Stage 1 remap where focus was more on low and mid range. Mileage was also kept in mind. This time the remap is towards more on Stage 2 side. Its not a fully stage 2 remap as no other component of engine or exhaust has been changed, neither de-cat has been done to take full advantage of Stage 2 remap but its the max I can safely put out. All in all I just needed a proper sleeper which does't smock heavily under acceleration giving enough clues about a possible remap or tuning box. Keeping a close eye on smoke and its not smocking even under hard acceleration, thou earlier remap used to smoke sometimes while acceleration hard, specially in low gears, this one is all clean. Within city Iam getting strong pull right from 1300rpm.
    For now my thirst of power has been satisfied quite well. Maybe in future will think of de-catting and going for a complete stage-2. Lets see, do watch this place ;-)
    Special thanks to Akshay and Veloce Automotive's Sujoy. At last I have experts close by who know very well what customers wants :)

If you came this far reading, Thanks a lot :-D
  3. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

THE PROPER SLEEPER :vamp:;) 20141223_124901.jpg
    jackharrisw, varunrtr and prabhjot like this.
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

OEM spoiler... check:) The final bit needed at rear.

20141226_170716.jpg
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sunswape,
    Nice mods to your punto, "The Decent" .:)
    sunswape likes this.
  6. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Hey, thanks :) Iam strictly following the black-n-white theme.
    Next in line is Punto evo's taillights BUT with solution to have zero error on dashboard. Watch this space :)
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    See below video this might intereste you with evo tail lamp.Lookd cool

sunswape, asimpleson and varunrtr like this.
  8. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Thanks for sharing that.
    Those bluetooth controlled RGB leds are surely very good BUT those LEDs are prone to get all-out withing couple of months. That is the reason I myself kept the projector setup plain and simple, yet functional. Spent all money on the 'Beam' :) Those LEDs thou look fab,but are total useless practically. BUT a very nice video to watch :-D
    Btw a Delhi based importer once had these for some 7k, but those were having nil warranty. So you see, its not a reliable thing to have.
    Ganges likes this.
  9. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Just got hold of this new thing hitting the market, Led Laser Fog Light.
    Its nothing but a cheap chinese replica of Audi's concept Laser foglight technology which is under R&D.

But these chinese stuff is not exactly as powerful as the Audi is developing (for obvious reasons :-D )
    So here is how this chinese stuff 'should' work

And here how it showed up when I got it on my Punto :-D
    20150110_183748.jpg 20150110_183801.jpg

Now I have tested this out under thickest fog I could have here in Chandigarh BUT it did't showed nothing extra through the fog :-D I guess it needs thick smoke and not mere fog to work LoL
    Anyways, this thing is all gimmick and nothing else, a total fail if someone says it is made to deal with fog. My other f1 style blinker works far more better then this so call LED laser blah blah :-D
    BUT the line it produces on the ground is still cool enough for me to keep it installed for sometime.
    Vishi likes this.
  10. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mods done are super cool. Are you planning for black vinyl roof? It will look awesome with those smoked lights and alloys..
    sunswape likes this.