1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"PUNTO" Needs no intro !!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sunswape, Jul 29, 2012.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Looking good, sunswape!! Please post some more pics.
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Iam still waiting to click some good pics :-D FXR retrofitting is still not done fully. A lil niggles are left here and there BUT the outcome is superb. Its just awesome increase in the way headlights lit up the road. Can easily do triple digit speeds on fully dark roads :)

20140216_234917 - Copy.jpg
    extr3mex and magnan like this.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its black was already available, then why did u go for chrome finish? i m also contemplating to get one , this design looks pretty good !!
    Headlights Fiat Grande Punto Dayline Black, Dectane-Shop.com
    Is that specifically for RHD punto?
    share from where u got this and damage to pocket ;) the DRL strip, is that pure white or violetish like cheap stuff?? since u already opened it up for fixing projectors, did you check if there is any way to replace those leds in case some of them blows off??
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

The LED strip is thankgod not cheap 6000k colored i.e. blueish white. It is typical 5000k like, pure white and thankgod, definitely looks upmarket. And you can definitely change these but need to open lights up for that. Guess what, you can directly fit Audi drl LEDs into it BUT Iam more than satisfied with the throw these DRLS have so did't bothered to do that.
    And yes the black ones were also available but these were available easily so got these and I was already aware of the output these have by default so FXR 3 retrofitting was decided as soon as I ordered these. If there is any word for the beam these give when in stock form, it would be definitely 'SHIT !!'. The first time I put these onto the car to test the throw/beam, I was just shocked to see two tiny spots of light at front of the car. It was a joke on the face of my Punto. Forget highways, you cant drive with these even in city :-D Its just all show and no go.
    I already knew this fact and hence FXR 3 projectors were installed. Thou it took a hell lot of work and time to fix 3inch FXR into the place of a tiny 2inch Halogen projector but the end result came awesome. A headlight which does't look great but performs even better. Hell ya, from past one week Iam getting full respect from high beamers on road :-D I also replaced reflector h1 normal bulb with Osram Night breakers.
    And these were RHD lights.
    My advice, if you try to get any of the dayline light, just be prepared to either sacrifice your headlamp capability at night or to spend some more to get a good projector fitted into it.
    magnan and varunrtr like this.
  5. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Latest updates are nothing but a Remap from TDI racing and change in headlights :-D
    Sold the Daylines and came back to old projectors on stock headlights.
    FXR v3 with 5000k morimoto 55w D2S
    True 50w Hylux ballasts
    White Angel eyes (which I dont use at all :D)
    Custom painted Panamera Shroud
    Alloys color matched headlights

IMG_3670.JPG IMG_3668.JPG

IMG_3666.JPG
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    extr3mex and Ravi like this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Like BMW n Hyundai, isn't the angle eyes on all the time when engine gets on? Why not use it as DRL?
  7. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Angel eyes are things of past now, so what I did is that I connect these with interior cabin light. Now these angel eyes lit up with theator effect while unlocking the car and goes off insame manner when locked. That way is way cool and better to use these angel eyes. Unlock and car literally qakes up :-D

Rest for drl purpose i can always use projectors itself, they already look fab when lit up :)
  8. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Recently, my GP completed 80000 kms (in 2 years and 8 months). and its time to update the thread with the experience I had so far with my pride Punto :)

Its been mostly a fuss free experience with the Fiat I have. I have read numerous issues and problems from others regarding the Punto and Linea both, some of which got resolved while some are still waiting to get resolved. Thankfully, my GP never gave me any such problem and despite of having so much use, its still running absolutely fine with zero problems or issues. The steering is tight and accurate like the first day, brakes never made any noise, suspensions never made any 'choo or chappad' :-D Very less rattles, almost negligible, etc etc. All the common issues on other Puntos were never surfaced in my car and I am very happy about it. Always pampered it inside out. Being a detailing enthusiast, the paintwork had been preserved well. In pics posted below, you can very well see the extra glossiness and shine on the car.

Anyways, being a machine, mine also showed some issues. But thankgod almost all got rectified without any drama and none of them ever came back. So let me list out some of the major issues I faced along with their respective solutions;

Problem 1;
    The famous, car looses power all of a sudden on highways at speeds upward 100kmph, along with jerky response under 2000rpm or until turbo kicks in properly.
    Period it stayed;
    For almost 30k kms.
    Solution found;
    As this problem is being discussed quite extensively here, I tried all the things listed there to get out of this irritating behavior of car. Right from getting EGR and inter-cooler cleaned, to getting ECU reset. Nothing solved the issue, until during a normal chekup of sensors, technician found a switch broken. It was 'Clutch solenoid sensor' that was broken and needed a replacement. Got it replaced for Rs 600 and the problem which was troubling me from so much time just went away in seconds :-D
    This particular sensor holds rpm for some micro seconds so that engine does't jerk while shifting gears. In other words, it dont let rpm drop all of a sudden while clutch is pressed. Now I have no idea how it solved the power loss problem but since then I have done more then a 50k kms and car never lost its steam and engine remained smooth as ever.

Problem 2;
    A minor sound like something is loose, which comes up during cold starts only.
    Period it stayed;
    Mere a week, that also because I took car after a week.
    Solution found;
    The engine skidplate was loose, mechanic tightened the bolt and all done. Listed it as major issue as the skidplate was almost about to touch some critical parts underneath.

Problem 3;
    Hand break was not holding the car on even normal inclines.
    Period it stayed;
    A month. According to ASS, it was always a loose hand-brake wire.
    Solution found;
    I insisted to check rear brake shoes as I was suspecting them to be the culprit and upon checking, damaged drums along with totally worn out brake pads were found. Replaced both pads and drums and problem solved for good. Since then I stopped parking car with hand-break engaged and started parking car with gear slotted either in reverse or 1st. Hand-break usage got limited to very steep inclines only.

Thats all I can think off right now. There were many minor issues but none made the car grounded. At 30k kms whole steering assembly was changed under warranty and still today I dont know why they changed is, as I went fiat ASS for some other problem :-D Anyways, according to them, steering was about to give up.

Modifications done recently;
    1. 15inch Lenso Project-d Spec E Alloys (100Pcd along with hub-centric rings)
    2. FXR v3 projectors with 5000k Morimoto running off 50w Hilux ballasts.
    3. Remap from TDI racing. Power bumped to 94bhp.
    4. Auto-gauge's boost gauge.
    5. OEM spoiler done in metallic black.
    6. Pioneer 80PRS running in active mode.
    7. 205/60 R15 Michelin XM2 tires which replaced old Yoko decibels.

Some pics of FXR projectors is action. High n low beams.
    FXR High beam.jpg FXR low beam.jpg
    OEM spoiler added recently.
    20141206_085805.jpg
    20141206_085749.jpg

Mechanical Turbo gauge
    20141005_163056_HDR.jpg

FXR setup
    IMG_3747.JPG
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^ 80K Punto looks as fresh as a 8k one! Should be the hottest Punto of your town. Wish you many more happy miles mate. Soon, you cross the 1lac milestone;)
    sunswape likes this.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    your car is always fresh... whenever you get bored, u go for a mod and alloy change.. i like that tactic :p;) .. pls post a vid of the turbo pressure guage . Is it easy to connect it ? how much damage to your pocket?
    sunswape likes this.