1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto : My Highway Mile Muncher.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by vtlreja2, Mar 25, 2014.

1. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :happy::happy:
    Will meet soon Girish h

Cheers
  2. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update :-

I was busy from last few days in munching miles, odo stands on 37.6 k kms, had trip no. #32 again to hometown Rjt,

Tyres, to be frank I was expecting these falken would be silent, but there are not as I do expected, compared to Jk, they are grippy under braking conditions, (yet to check wet grip), less body roll, off course due to reduction in aspect ratio , no drop in mileage too,

This time I felt less fatigue when I reached my destination due to absence of left pulling, I keep complaing my friends regarding the shoulder pain I have at the end of drive due to left pull, but I happy its finally sorted and the steering remains straight even after 3k+ kms

This time I achieved highest mileage of 25.1 kmpl for almost 90+ kms
    And inspiring from this incidence, I decided to drive in control manner while return to Mumbai, although my family becames bit bored but I managed to get 23.6 kmpl along with AC on 95% of time

Got the petronas syntium mgdo oil,Bosch oil filter , and a set of after market brake pads. Will follow the oil change interval @ 10k kms from now religiously. Will update you guys regarding brake pads after installing.

Initially I was looking for brembo brakes but sadly it isn't available for type 2 ie after 2011 march models. Same happens with Bosch, they said they have it and when I ordered and the product arrived, it was type 1. There are many after markets brake pads avaialabe. Dan block , ate, TRW, value, rane, kbx (mass OEM supplier) etc. Its simply flooded. Let's c how mine works. Few recommendations by my friends was ate and TRW, sadly couldnt find them.

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 12, 2016 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 12, 2016 ---
    PicsArt_1457711639734.jpg PicsArt_1457432372102.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 12, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 12, 2016 ---
    One thing i forgot to mention,
    I m not happy with pride fiat ass, n I will do my minor services as a diy, n major service with fng/Maharashtra fass (will decide on that later)
    Will follow everything as per user manual (apart from oil change )
    my car is in warranty but i m not happy with their services.
    Every small issues I have to escalate to the top level to get them working.
    M fed up with these guys, literally fed up !!

Will come up with a separate thread on the list of issues with them soon !
    Let me handle my car by myself now ;)

Vicky
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  3. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Brakes update :

Post 35k kms I do hear some mild whistling kinda noise while I apply brake.
    I understood its time to change up the brake pads. I was not in mood to buy stock ones. Took the plunge to "value" branded ones that was fitted 2 days back ( odo 37.8k approx )
    Now these brakes have less bite as of now but stopping capabilities is same as stock. Overall seeing the price I am OK with these and let these settle in, will post update afterwards.

The stock has left only 3-4 mm left

IMG_20160313_183738.jpg

New one has 10 mm material on it
    IMG_20160309_165100.jpg

The inner side pad has 4mm in thickness while outer side has 3mm thickness left
    Inner ones were OK for approx usage of 2k kms but outer ones seems immediate replacement

Changing was done at fng however they didn't need torque wrench to open up the caliper, I was under assumption that they will need it.
    GirishRaghu and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Mind sharing the vendor and the cost for these?
    Cost vs performance and you chose cost. Thats strange. Brakes are the most important equipment in a car, why take the chances?
  6. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Initially was looking at brembo,then Bosch, then ate.
    Unable to find in type 2 versions.
    I found this has better fit and finish compared to kbx one (mass OEM supplier) so thought why not to try these.
    These costed me 1k bucks only and provided by the confidence enough from the Bosch seller, rajkot, I decided to check whether its worth or not.
    If I will use them for 10k kms and will revert back to stock again, I will be still OK as it will still pay back its value. Isn't it ?
  7. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Beauty back to its glory, finally !!! PicsArt_1458137432644.jpg
    Deepak, pdash, GirishRaghu and 5 others like this.
  8. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Scorpion ready to rock the roads!
    vtlreja2 likes this.
  9. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I just purchased evo 1.3 and happy with she responded on road but its in 1500 km and i am starching her till 130/140 is it ok for new engine. I was a owner of palio 1.2 petrol in 2003 and 2007 ... That feeling about fiat take me for punto evo and i am again happy for that...
    vtlreja2 likes this.
  10. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations Bro,
    yes, "that feeling about fiat" is the problem with us Fiat owners, that in spite of so many brands available, fiat owners zero down to a yet another Fiat when they are in search of a New vehicle.
    Ride below 100kmph - 2000 rpm for first 5000 kms least. 80 kmph -1750 rpm shall be a sweet spot.
    Do start a separate ownership thread with pics.
    vtlreja2 likes this.