1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto - Music System query

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by kartik tomar, Apr 4, 2014.

1. kartik tomar

kartik tomar

Dehradun
    Thank you so much, i like the second option i would like to go for it but the only question in my mind is what about blue n me function?
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very nice suggestion asimpleson. The prices are really mouthwatering too.

As per my understanding, a component speaker system is better than a coaxial system mainly because of 2 reasons:

01. Tweeter/highs are separate from midbass/woofer so tweeter can be placed a bit higher up at a different location that the midbass/woofer for better soundstage.

02. There is a crossover that will separate the audio frequencies into 2 parts, high frequencies meant for tweeters and lower frequencies meant for mids/woofer.

Thus, the component speakers without crossovers (like the ones mentioned by Asimpleson) are the most value for money as compared to using coaxials at front.

But still, I would recommend spending a bit more and get proper components with a crossover. Stock rear speakers can be retained and only front speakers can be changed.
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You will lose Blue&Me but then you can buy a Bluetooth enabled HU like the Pioneer DEH-X8550BT or X4590BT or X6690BT.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Stock HU systems can deliver power to drive the sound between 15-22W RMS per channel speaker. In real world even this figure is not achieved due to certain factors. The only real benefit of a proper component speaker system here is that it provides more headroom when settings such as Loud or Dynamic Bass Boosts etc. are activated in a Head Unit. For a proper component system the requisite signal/power from a Stock HU is too low thereby making Amplifiers a necessity to drive signals upto 60W per channel or more depending on the component speaker capacity.

So Yes, going for a proper component system can provide slight better sound than normal components that I suggested. It would make sense purely in terms of future proofing a setup if one wishes to upgrade to an Amplifier later. Else it would be more like an overkill where you have just 1/3rd the power driving the component speaker drivers than what they are really capable of. It's not about just the RMS loudness I am pointing towards, the ultimate aim is to achive better sound imaging and effect of a better soundstage from a track.
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +10. :up

Even the pioneer components are good from that angle.
    1 person likes this.
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It depends Mr. Crazy. I did the entire setup there; and he did suggest me the following as well:

1. 2 Components
    2. 2 Coaxials
    3. A 13" SUB
    4. A four channel AMP

The only addition I made was a MONO amp exclusively powering my SUB.
    I would say that @ PowerZone you place your budget and the rest is worked backwards.

Also, I have used the B&M kit with the above setup as well as now using this with a JVC kit. What a world of difference it makes - you just have to experience it.

You are Mr. Perfect. +1 to what you said.

If you want to get good SQ, throw the music system out, get a good Bluetooth enabled kit, get amps, coaxials and components. You can get good SUB as well if you need good bass. But Vitamin M is necessary. So your requirement clubbed with Vitamin M will make sense.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Kindly stay away from Kicker speakers, I've them in my car. I've tried with Stock HU and also JVC 926 HU in sounds too bright. I would recommend the one's from Hertz which I've heard in a Linea and they sounded better than Kicker. For 25k the above configuration sounds way over priced.
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would say tuning does play its part as well. Also, we have to Equalize each of the songs that we hear to the tuning made so that it does sound really good.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    These systems were tuned by Saravanan itself, but they are very bright making you tired after listening to a while.

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk
  10. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are right livelyyoungman, myself (for my Alto) and 5 of my friends installed audio in our cars from Power Zone, we blindly go there and tell Saravana about our budget and any specific requirements we had in our mind, that's it, that guy can make it happen. We did setup from 18k to 2.25L+, he knows the pulse/taste of his customers well.

One thing we all learnt/agree is, don't spend too much for Car ICE :)

This time, when I went for my friend's car audio setup, I just asked him, How can I improve Linea's sound quality without affecting the warranty, hence came those suggestions, If I told him that my budget is Rs.10k or Rs.15k, he would have given some other suggestions.

Recently in my friend's Estilo we had installed Kenwood BT head unit and Kicker Co-axial speakers in front/back doors as suggested by Saravanan, we liked the way it sounded, but we didn't hear it for long, may be we should give a try on that.