1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto - Music System query

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by kartik tomar, Apr 4, 2014.

1. kartik tomar

kartik tomar

Dehradun
    its just been two day, when my father bought me a new fiat PUNTO(emotion) and I loved the whole experience, everything is really nice about this car..
    the only thing that seems to be on the down side for me is the music system i love listening loud music, but when i increase the volume in my car the sound becomes unclear no bass,cant hear any beats,I want to know if my problem has a solution??on top of that I want to retain my steering mounted control too..
    your advice would highly be appreciated..
    Anybody who has got the same poblem solved please send pictures so as to help me get my problem solved
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Welcome to TFI. Congrats on your new car. Fiat cars are infamous for their speakers. Just change the front & rear speakers & your problem will be solved :) There is a thread giving details about this :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

In Car Entertainment
  3. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Kartik.. Welcome to TFI :)

Regarding your concern on music quality, I checked with one of the most reliable/knowledgeable installer (Power Zone) in Chennai last week to improve my Linea's sound quality without affecting the warranty, his suggestion was to put Kicker Component speaker in front door and Kicker Co-axial speaker in back door along with all 4 doors dampening (with both front and back which I don't understand), comes around Rs.25k. Based on his experience he assured me that you don't even need Sub woofer/amplifier later, this will give you very decent and high quality sound, but I haven't tried that personally.
  4. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    I won't suggest you to spend 25k unless you are that quality conscious. A simple upgrade costing 6-8k would do wonder to your music system :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  5. drkars

drkars

bangalore
    Hi,I have installed kicker components in the front and three way speakers in the back.this was approx two years back.no amp or sub. I am very happy

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Here is the breakup price I got..

Kicker Component + Co-axial Speakers - Rs.11K~
    Dampening sheet - Rs.11k~
    Installation charges - Rs.2-3k~

Initially I am thinking to change just the speakers alone, if I get vibration on door or not getting desired sound quality, then think about door dampening or other options, but before that I will like to hear someone's setup who just changed speakers alone with the OEM setup.
  7. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    You can check mine.. I changed the front one to Infinity & the rear to JBl :) If set in proper bass and treble levels, there wont be any vibrations in the door :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Kartik. I can suggest you two options:

01. Speaker change with budget: Rs10,000/-

Buy 6.5" component speakers for front and 6.5" co-axial speakers for rear. Be advised that do not buy very high end speakers costing 10,000 or more for a pair like Infinity kappa. Expensive speakers are worth their money only if you are adding an amplifier. You can buy components around the price range of 5000 and coaxials around the price range of 3000. You can have basic damping in front doors only by buying 2 sheets of dampmat damping sheets (1 for each door).

02. Head unit change with Connects2 Canbus interface and speaker change with amplifier and subwoofers.

You can retain steering controls with a canbus interface that costs around Rs5000/-.
  9. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sure buddy, will check it before I change my speakers.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Good Suggestion by Yashik.

There is another scenario where, you may want to go for cheapest upgrade now and maybe components and amps together later.

In case you are not looking for dampening etc. now, I suggest plain component speakers for Linea are there. Like the Pioneer G624C.These are components without seperate crossover network (case). Speakers like Pioneer G624C are actually meant to be installed on stock HU systems.

The tweeters fit well in the tweeter holder in the door making a clean install.

These are good intermediate speakers should you be looking at going for full fledged audio gear later.
    The cost will be approx 4300-4700/- including speaker price + installation for all 4 doors.

Pioneer - TS G624C 16cm Component System Package - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Pioneer-TS-G624C-16cm-Component-1823438-1-0c7cc.jpg