1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Modifications

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by gaur4v, Sep 29, 2010.

1. anandlnt

anandlnt

Mysore
    @kedar Congrats buddy. looking forward for the pics.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    the Spoiler is bit different. I saw that spoiler on Punto in a Service Centre. I fall in love that spoiler. After fixing the spoiler my car will require nice alloys. I am searching for the alloys. Please help me selecting alloys. What I need to see before buying it. My car has 165 R14 tyres. Any specific brand to buy. How to check the quality of allloys.
    I am looking alloys like LINEA TJET. How it will look on Punto.

Please suggest.
  3. hey kedar
    where are the pics?i m waiting to see,coz i m hunting for a SPOILER for ma car as well.can u tell me the price,manufacturer and other details?

Vignesh
  4. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

Indore
    @anandInt

those are some great mods you have done to your car.

would like to know few things as i am not too sure whether my email reached you are not.

1. The Projector Headlamps :- without doubt they look great. would like to know has the visibility increased substantially? are there any chances of getting the same headlamps in india? or do i have to source it via UK only?
    2. CF mirrors,foglamp cluster and spoiler :- again, no doubt they look totally stunning. are they just bolt on kinds? and how much would they cost?
    3. 98 PCD alloys :- couldn't quiet see your alloy wheels, but i am sure they look great. is getting 98 PCD alloys an easy task?
    4. The diesel tuning kit :- I am sure the performance would have improved a lot. would like to know a couple of things with it too. is it available for a 90 bhp punto too? you sourced it from UK, but is it available in India too? what all needs to be done while putting it up? what happens to the warranty? and is there a significant effect on the fuel efficiency?

hoping to hear from you soon buddy as i have already placed an order for 3 punto 90 bhp (for me and a couple of friends).

p.s: if it's not too inconvenient for you, i am sure all would like to know in details what all mods you have done with your car & how much you ended up spending on it? as far as I am concerned, I can only do whatever I want to do with the car in the initial phases only. later on it becomes impossible to add anything to the car. so would like to know all these details & maybe order everything before the car comes so that before I start using it, it's loaded to the T.
  5. anandlnt

anandlnt

Mysore
    @samyakmodi Firstly thanks for the compliment. Secondly, I did not receive any mail buddy. Sorry about that. Well coming to your queries..
    1. Projectors: Basically what they do is, the light spread increases a lot more, and they do not blind the oncoming guy as the light is cut off to a certain height. And yes, since I'm using them for quite some time, I find them very good regarding visibility compared to stock. I do not know if they are available in india or not. I heard that they are available in india but not DRL types but angel eyes. Apart from UK, you can get them from Taiwan too. They are cheaper there. In both places, they are sonar make only. So quality should not differ.
    2. Spoiler is just bolting. No need to drill holes on the body. All put together (CF ORVM, Fogs and Spoiler) costed me around 4k.
    3. 98 PCD: Sourcing them is not that easy as we do not have much of choice in 98 PCD. I have been trying to source CF alloys of 98 PCD from past couple of months, but still no luck. Either I'm not liking the design or the design I like are not there in 98 PCD.
    4. Tuning Kit: I do not think you should need to tuning kit as you are buying 90 bhp Punto.
    Regarding the expenditure, I did not spend much for the exterior mods. The max expense I had was for the ICE. It costed about 1.15+. Otherwise, not much was spent.
    Now, i am getting a new bonnet fabricated like shelby's have. Its costing me 7k including the spare bonnet. Just waiting to see how it would turn out on a Punto. If its good, I will go ahead otherwise fix the stock bonnet.
    Hope I have answered all your queries, if there is anything you need, let me know. And a big congrats on your new Punto 90.
    Anand
  6. gagi_vid

gagi_vid

Belgaum
    anand
    am totally fallen love with your beauty..
    i am here newbie, can you please tel were i get this headlamp, as i stay in belgaum, karnataka.
  7. anandlnt

anandlnt

Mysore
    @gagi_vid Thanks for the compliment. These headlights can be sourced either from UK or from Taiwan. But I'm not sure about the quality of Taiwan stuff as I got them from UK. But, I was told that even the Taiwan stuff is of the same make (Sonar).
  8. gagi_vid

gagi_vid

Belgaum
    how it deliver you, you been to uk? do you have any detail or address.. i really like it bro... :)
  9. anandlnt

anandlnt

Mysore
    @gagi_vid Yes. I bought them from London. Paid about 1200+ as customs duty. There are some dealers in UK who do deliver in India. But the postage charges are far more expensive than the head light assembly. So it does not make sense in asking the dealers to send them. It would be nice if you can get them through some one coming from UK.
  10. gagi_vid

gagi_vid

Belgaum
    i don have anybudy bro..
    i ll do anything to buy it.. Mann now i don no wot to do?? i can tint head lamp but i wont original like.. you may judge me as am stubborn. am fallen in love with your beauty... help me..
    any can help me