1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Modifications Thread

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by paragsuri, Jun 5, 2012.

1. paragsuri

paragsuri Timido

Gurgaon
    Hi Guys,

I want to get the following changes done on my red color Punto :

1. Want to have Black color roof just like ABARTH model of Europe / Italy.
    2. Want to get the interior of Linea (Beige Interior) with the same material finish in my Punto.

Can anybody tell me how i can get the above mentioned modifications with an idea of the cost implication.

Looking forward to your reply.

Parag Suri.
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Parag,

you might find my thread interesting and may will get some details you are looking for...

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/body/6153-my-pretty-just-got-prettier-me.html

If you will get the roof vinyled, it will cost you anything between Rs.1200 to Rs.6000... from which city are you from?

Though I have no idea about beige color interior as I am more than happy with Black Interiors...

Cheers...

Neel
  3. paragsuri

paragsuri Timido

Gurgaon
    Thanks for the insights buddy.....surely this will help me.....I am from Punjab....Will see if i can get this done from 3M.....in btw, do you know any option of getting the sun-roof installed in punto....I have been a real fan of sun-roof cars.....Will be interesting if this cab be installed in Punto.....Also, will still look for beige interiors of Linea into Punto the beige interiors looks very classy.....i have seen this in top end Linea....it was awesome buddy.....dual tone interiors (black and beige instead of black and grey of Punto).....Cheers.....Parag.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    3M for a sticker job?
    even if they do it for you they are going to charge a fortune buddy.. Best thing is to get it done from a sticker shop.

well I was very much inclined in getting a sunroof too and did some research here..
    The thing is roof provides stability to the car's A,B,C,D pillars..
    So according to my understanding if you cut the roof to make place for a sun-roof i think you will be compromising on the structural integrity of the car ..
    (This is the reason why you see that soft top cars are invariably heavier than roofed cars and their running board will be much stronger as well to handle the added stress).
    I might be wrong w.r.t sunroofs . Please check with a some credible people before you carve you're roof
    1 person likes this.
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Parag Buddy,

Even I am also a big fan of Sunroof - Moonroof... moreover My 2 year old angel is crazy about Sunroof-Moonroof, she just loves it... So just for her happiness I wanted to get it done on my Punto... But whomever I asked, All are of the opinion that you should not go for it.... It gives problems in long run - Mechanical problem, water leakage in monsoons and Rusting - I have seen these problems on one of my cousin's Hyundai Accent. He got it installed on his top end model Black colored ride in Pune... Moreover, as Black said it must be Reducing the strength of structure as a whole and should not overlook that matter if its true, as most of us have chosen Punto considering its safety features...

I am sure its not the case with the OEM fitted sun/moon roof... But after Market remains after Market...

cheers...
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Completely agree to the above posts.. if not installed properly they do causes leakage.
    i do't know abt the strength part.. it may be true as well..
  7. paragsuri

paragsuri Timido

Gurgaon
    thnx guys for sharing ur detailed knowledge....

What about changing the punto interiors into beige interiors ?....Do you know something about it? how to change and cost etc.....

Cheers
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

ah.. i think its not possible.. u can change the fabric apart form that i don't think much can be done.

why change them.. i love the black interiors..but hey that me......
  9. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Well i dont think Webasto will leak as it is done with a professional installer with their tools. I had a sunroof on my previous Honda City for 2 years and i didnt face any problem. Locally sourced sunroofs can cause issues of leakage etc.
  10. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    This Might be useful to you....

dsc_4387.jpg