1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto MJD Owners - How is your Car's AC Performance?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by cliffhanger, Mar 31, 2011.

1. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

I've been observing the following for the past few days.
    I'm driving quite a bit at 12 in the afternoon these days. In some days I travel alone and have both the AC vents facing towards me, I keep the fan at speed 1 and find the cooling adequate. In some others days, my friend joins me, I place one of the vents to face him, now even if I place the fan at speed 2, I find the cooling quite inadequate.

- The pollen filter and AC vents were cleaned in the recent service couple months back.
    - I never drive with windows open.
    - My car wears pitch black good quality tints

The summer has just begun in Chennai. The temperature is hovering around 37degrees in the afternoons and it will go up to 40-44 in the next 2-3 months.

Just want to know whether your car's AC unit efficient enough to cool the cabin in afternoons? What's your fan settings, sun films, city, etc?
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

In the kerala summer I am finding it good. During mid day, it takes 5 mins to cool the cabin after the car being in the hot sun for quite sometime. I cleans the pollen filter every 2k kms. Havent faced any AC issues till now. maybe the guys from the hot NCR can give a good review
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ur fan settings seems to be ok ... Check for any gas leaks or so ...
  4. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

i am not satisfied with my 2009 mjd a/c, it trips too soon
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    The AC underperformed once when the service was nearing, else it is good for Kerala and Karnataka climate, just be informed that Bangalore is no longer cool during day time.