1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto MJD drag effect

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Surya, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Recently i have noticed that my Punto is responding in weird manner when i am driving at 3rd gear with 2k rpm the response is sluggish or jerking effect feels like something is holding it from behind and then there is sudden release for a moment and car starts gaining speed i have noticed this couple of times during my city drives i am planning to test this on a lonely stretch to confirm the issue.

Guys kindly advice..

Note: Dear mods if there is already a thread for this issue request you to merge this thread.
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Before suspecting something major in the mechanicals, did you change the fuel pump recently? How about checking/cleaning the engine air filter once..
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    yes i had a fill up last week at the BPCL fuel pump on residency road near to brigade road junction when i was passing through to KR puram, i regularly fill up at Indian Oil pump near BTM, i will observe for some time and also will have a look at the Air filter Thanks..
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  4. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    yes please check. I always fill up from Indian oil only..my Punto behaves best on Indian Oil Diesel...on rest other she really feel sluggish!!!
    1 person likes this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Get the intercooler hoses, all of them, checked for any leaks. I had the same experience when driving around with a torn intercooler hose.

After replacement, it's smooth again and pulls from less than 2000rpm to 4000 without any jerks.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Ok will get it checked..
  7. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    I had similar experience ,in 2 cars , mostly due to Diesel Quality
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Guys my Punto is back in Action i had a long drive till Sira - Tumkur last week no drag or sluggishness noticed and now in city too its back to normal i infer it was bad fuel i refilled at the bunk which caused this issue..
    1 person likes this.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Well as you said it could be bad fuel but the way you explained it made me think that you are facing nothing but initial turbo lag & turbo in action laterwords. This nature is very normal with a turbocharged eninge.
    So just sit tight and enjoy your car!
    Cheers! :)
    1 person likes this.