1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto MJD Checklist for a visit to the Service guys

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by phate_b, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guys I'm taking my car for a checkup to Concorde Motors Kochi on friday with the following problems:
    • A knocking sound while steering, which I've found to be made by the spring above the front right wheel as it gives a vibration at a couple of positions on the full motion of the steering. This started around two weeks ago. The fact is that I had a bloody rat who used to feed on the spacers made of sponge in the engine compartment a few months back and have a doubt if this trouble has got anything to do with his menaces inside :A
    • Secondly I've had been dealing a problem with reverse gear since some months, when I shift with proper clutching also, it shows difficulty to shift with that awful screeching cry. :( I've had a clutch failure in the recent past when I had the plastic cylinder broken, and got replaced with the metallic cylinder. This gear shift problem though had nothing to do with the cylinder as the trouble was there before and after the cylinder replacement. Every other shift goes smooth only reverse shows trouble.

Can anyone tell the possible reasons and corrective measures for this so that I can put it clear for the service engineer or else they may not do what needs to be done.
    Other stuff to do are
    • Replace my viper blades; I intent to replace with OEM vipers so please enlighten me with the make and price of the blade I'm supposed to get...
    • I've got the small rubber string of the inner fuel cap broken; and wish to have it back on since many bunk guys handle it carelessly once they take it off. Should I ask at Concorde to get it done?
  2. any essential info that I must take note?? :anyone
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Nothing much man. Make sure you remove all valuables from the car. Also ask for the SA Siby who is quite knowledgeable. The reverse gear screeching sound is there in almost all Puntos.
  4. Yup.. Siby is the guy who I consult usually.... Hope the reverse gear issue has a solution.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread Closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.