1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto MJD Active-Tuscan Wine

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Praveenuva, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    I am Praveen working in oil and gas industry, I have booked Punto MTJ Active Tuscan wine  at RDC motor Nandhanam-Chennai, Sunday delivery  very excited!!!! This is my 1stcar.
    I love Punto....

I am not happy with stock audio, so migrating to JBL GTO609C Component Speaker at Front door, JBL GT6-366 Co-axial at Back Door (doing this migration at showroom itself before delivery cause not to void warranty if some thing goes wrong at after market) need advice if this will be fine or I should go for amp and SW.

Planning to go fr 14" alloy( pls advice best shop for alloy wheels in chennai and what to do with steel rims?? )

And below are the accessories,

1. Chrome. Finish grill- Rs.14000
    2. Spoiler - Rs.6500
    3. Fog Lamp - Rs.7500
    4. Remote lock - Rs.5500
    5. Door Handle and mirror body Painting -Rs. 3500.
    3 people like this.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats on you r new buy .... though its your choice, Could have bought dynamic for the ABS it offers..
    >reg audio, putting and amp is always a welcome addition, you can extract the max clarity from speakers .
    >go for a 15" alloy with 195/ 205 section tires... this is a one time investment to the car in most cases and guess you wont repent later.
    >Did you put an additional zero for that chrome finished grille? (1400 or 14000?)
    >Drilled stock spoiler will cost you 5k + painting..
    >fog lamps will cost you only less than 5k including installation switch etc...
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  3. Congratulations!

1. Chrome. Finish grill- Rs.14000 [you can paint the existing ones for 500 rupees]
    2. Spoiler - Rs.6500
    3. Fog Lamp - Rs.7500 [should not cost more than 4000 Rs] by from 99RPM and get it fitted outside
    4. Remote lock - Rs.5500
    5. Door Handle and mirror body Painting -Rs. 3500. [get it done outside, i got mine done for 1500 Rs]
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Welcome to TFI Praveen and many congrats on having booked the punto :)

request you to report your post to MODS (using the small triangle icon on the left corner ) and get the title corrected to "Punto MJD"!
  5. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry, chrome grill cost Rs.2000....yes Iam thinking about tyres...hope so will change too... :( yes might have done fog lamp in after market but already quote with showroom...
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Praveen,

Request you to talk with the showroom people and get the door handles, mirrors and grill painted at cheaper cost.
    Fog lamps would not cost you 7500. Talk to chariman of RDC Mr.Chandrasekar and ask him to provide the fog lamps at cheaper price.
    Dont go for aftermarket alloys. Always stick with OE alloys. Better buy 15" OE alloys from Kava Automobiles Mumbai for 20k set of 4
    and change to new tyres for another 20k. You may get discounts on the old tyres for about 2-2.5k per tyre.
  7. tash22

tash22 Timido

Bangalore
    Welcome to TFI and congrats on your new buy

Your fog lamps will cost around Rs.1900 and you can get this fitted from outside will work out cheaper.
  8. Is there a way for completely replacing the black door handles and mirrors to body color ones? I too want to change my active's door handles to body colored ones, but don't want to get them painted. Please let me know if i can get new handles or mirror caps!?
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    From where did you get that figure buddy? for 1900 he will get only one OEM fog lamp :) !!
    painting is the only option. handles and mirror covers spares come unpainted for all variants!!
  10. Okay, had to search for an expert painter now! -_-!