1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto MJD A/c not cooling in Delhi Heat

Discussion in 'Technical' started by abhiuday, May 9, 2013.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    AC gas leakage.Ask TASS to check the full system with nitrogen.Cooling coil could be culprit.
  2. abhi0586

abhi0586

New delhi
    Do not worry!! It happened to me as well, in the month of may my car was parked in an open parking in Gurgaon near Infinity Towers and after 4 hrs when I came back and switched on Ac, setting it up to 4 still of no use,it took nearly 30 mins to come to "BEARABLE TEMP" not chilling one. Next day it was normal and now in July I have to keep it on 1 else have to wear sweaters:)
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  3. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Update:

Had taken the car to Kashyap motors (ASC) in June (last week) and there they checked the a/c. Found that there was a vacuum in the compressor (dont know what that is). Refilled the gas and immediately I could feel the difference. The A/c was cooling.

Now its more than 2 month and again the same problem has resurfaced. The a/c does not cool.

To make sure that it is not a part of my imagination, last Sunday I asked Nitin to check whether the a/c is working. Even he felt that there is some issue with cooling. The a/c of his punto cooled up the interior very quickly and mine was very sluggish. Both cars were parked side by side and in the same condition. Also the temp in Delhi that day was around 33.

Now planning to go to Kashyap tomorrow for this problem.
  4. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3

I have been facing this problem for a pretty long time. AC seems to be ineffictive during the two hottest months of delhi. Got it done so many times. But it doesnt work up to perfection. I have changed cooling coils, Changed the trip coil or something like that, evaporator ,serviced the airconditioner , but nothing really helps in temps around 40 and above. I have learnt to live with it , that's all. incase u guys find a solution just let me know. My 1.3 MJD is just two years old and air con is just disappointing.
  5. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    i am suffering from a new problem, whn i start the ac, condenser doesnt start. after many tries it starts,bt once strts thn it gives chill bt dont knw why condenser doesnt strt at the first?
  6. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    My Linea took just about 10-15 mins to cool the interiors in May-June months, and that too in a car that is being covered. You can easily imagine the amount of heat trapped inside.

Had this problem once around 2 years back, the problem was with O ring. It was taken care of well, and with God's grace nothing has happened till now.