1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto MJD A/c not cooling in Delhi Heat

Discussion in 'Technical' started by abhiuday, May 9, 2013.

1. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi,

The A/c of my punto MJD 75 hp seemed to have stopped chilling the cabin since last one week.
    A similar problem has been reported by vivek.dieselhead too in his 90 hp punto.

Few facts about my car:
    • The temp in delhi is 42 deg today.
    • Car is usually parked in shade.
    • I open the window for 2 mins with the a/c on high fan speed.
    • It takes around 15-20 odd minutes before the temp becomes bearable in the cabin to sit.
    • The air flow is good, but the air is not cold. Its just ok ok.
    • Same problem had happened earlier, had visited kashyap and was told that some vacum was there. They said it has been resolved. I doubt.

Will be getting it checked at kashyap tomorrow, but bfore that wanted to ask fellow forum members from Delhi/other hot regions:
    Is the A/c of Punto effective this time of the year. Does it chill the cabin.

Also, this time what all should I get checked?

Would appreciate any tips/tricks to keep the a/c running in good conditions too.

Abhi.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
    veerupra likes this.
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Its been almost 4 years for my Punto and the AC still chills me to the bone. Even without sun films which were removed last year after the big joke.
  3. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    I know....most ppl i spoke told me of this. Even madhur told me today that his car a/c chills the cabin quickly. There seems to be some problem with mine I guess.
  4. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    really evn my 4yr old stile chills me like m in a freezr...jst xperienced today aftrnoon whn d temp is near 40-42..so cntct fiat sc immediately othrwise coming days will be vry horrible fr u as delhi is too hot nwadays..
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
  6. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Update on the A/c problem.

Went to kashyap motors, Noida on Friday. There they checked the A/c using a temp meter and found that the air was coming out at 5.1 degree. This they told me is normal.

But on Saturday I noticed something: The a/c cools initially for the first 10 odd kms. Post that there is very little cooling. It so happens that after the car has run around 10 or so kms the a/c stops cooling. Will get this checked as I think the compressor trips.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    is your model E+ or E ?
    Secondly if your suspecting compressor tripping then you might also want to get the thermostat checked . perhaps it might be giving out a false reading.

What is the temp setting you usually drive around in?
    Also after the trip does the compressor come back on after a while? did you get a chance to check that out?
  8. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am also now-a-days feeling that my car AC is not sufficiently chill. My friends even complain that my AC is not working. During the service i told them to check the AC and the pollen filter. They, as usual, said that everything is normal. Will show it in chennai during my tirp in aug.
  10. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    did you checked for any Ac gas leakage,because similiar problem was experienced in my old maruti zen,blower speed and everything was alright,but no cooling,only after thorough check up they diagnosed that that AC gas was leaking because of minute holes in the hose.