1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto MJD 90HP vs Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI (Head-on-Head on highway)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by ENKI, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    because its not an F1 track but our own Indian roads ...jaan hai to jahan hai...:cool:
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    At highspeed, it more to do with driver than the car and how much confidence a driver has on his car (no offence sathya_sc)

I recently had a drag race with BMW 520d on the way to chandigarh from delhi. It so happened that i overtook this BMW at around 140-150km/hr and i think he took it as a hit on his ego that a linea has overtook him. I was in no mood to race as i had a friend and his sister in the car with me, and 140-150km/hr is my natural cruising speed and he thought i was racing. Well he started racing with me, but i still ignored him. But as i was driving at my natural speed, i kept on overtaking him again and again. This went on for nearly an hour and then my friend sister said "Can you please finish this", i asked her do you want me to drive slower and i was surprised when she said "no i want you to teach him on how to drive". After that i overtook him and touched 190+km/hr on my ODO (remember i have a MJD not a TJET). That BMW tried to follow me for few km and then gave up.

So as i said its about driver not the car when driving hispeed, as BMW could have easily beaten me with higher topspeed and pickup. But he chickened out due to such hi-speed.

Off-topic, jayadev i think now fiat pride is restored for you :)

P.s: Please drive safely and at speeds that you have confidence in and please dont race on roads.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Hey.. I never give up. Have got into numerous situations like this and take risks which sometimes you cannot imagine sir...When i get into these situations its "do or die". Having said that..Dont underestimate the XUV. Pls look at you tube for a video where XUV does 190 in a jiffy. And i believe XUV must be able to do 195 or 200 on the speedo if pushed. Yes Tjet does 200+; i myself have done 207 in one of the trips.. Can you believe XUV does 160 in 4TH..and i felt it picked up speed at the same pace of the jet if not better. I feel XUV is as powerful as the TJet in straights. A slight miss from your side, the XUV can create a distance between yourself and XUV.

Yes TJet is powerful. But just that XUV is equally powerful [read mainly the torque].

Lesson learnt: Dont take the XUV lightly. When you rub with it, plan it carefully and take it. Its just not like any other car to fly past easily.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  4. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    I have had cases where modified swifts have overtaken me sometimes and i have overtaken Beemers sometimes.. It depends on the driver on the other car also. If he is as good or rash than you, then i am sure he can take you easily with a 520d or even with a cruze.. Leave alone 520d.

In my case he was also a nut case like me and with a bigger engine and better torque he showed me what his car is capable off.. Seconds later i showed him by putting the tjet in a steep, dangerous and blind corner at 130 where he couldnt and i managed to vanish into the horizon.. Sometimes its give and take..

But, drive the XUV once to know its capability. I am awestruck with its engine.. But only the engine:D

5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Punto T jet sold over Brazil with the same as Indian specification, people have put clips of 225 km/hr. No one, not two, in-fact tens & they all are over @210. They have the roads to do that obviously. I won't believe that XUV can keep up with T Jet. If it would try to get into Linea Zone, very next turn, all it's 4 tires would be skyward & that cheap plastic under it's metal skin would be exposed & road side exhibition of it's true built quality can be organized (remember it's still MAHINDRA:mrgreen:). If you pulled off, that was one good decision. No doubt about it.

Mahindra & TATA's diesel engines are pretty potent, no doubt (they were developed in Austria by some European engine manufacturer, doesn't know much i am not a fan of any of these engines).
    1 person likes this.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I see an XUV fan here whom got mesmerized at that Alien looking korea-chinese animal on 4 wheels?
    But how come a fiat lover turns up to it??
    Its overall composure is not even par with desi Tata Aria. Agreed engine has the muscles so does the scorpio m-hawk .
  7. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    I think we were talking about the Indian Linea Tjet with 114 ps without an intercooler and by the way i never spoke about the XUV plastics. Plastic quality is out of the equation when it comes to top speed. Isnt?

Also the fuel quality here is a deterrent for top speed. So pls. eliminate Brazilian Tjets (linea or punto) from the equation.

And to cut it short, am no fan boy of Mahindra or Tata. I love my Tjet and can crow that its the fastest car ever built. But facts are facts anywayz. Lets put Fiat fanboy-ism apart when we discuss.;)

and Jayadev . Pls read my post carefully. Suggest you to read once again.. I only spoke about the engine potential (pls keep mahindra/tata or aliens or korean or chinese etc. out). Is the front face important when it comes to top speed. Atleast I dont think so. If you think the front face of XUV influences the top speed of XUV, then I must learn! And reg. composure how many miles have you clocked in Aria and XUV.. Can we all know?

2 people like this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, this thread is going nowhere. Closed.
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.