1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto MJD 76 hp..front brake discs for sale (used)

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by puntosat, Sep 17, 2013.

1. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

If you remember my other post, I had used ATE brake pads from 99 rpm which were very bad...

I switched back OEM brake pads..

I thought I should get my brake discs "lathed"...after using those ATE pads..and I gave it to a garage guy...

But he took 4 days on a festival weekend..

I could not wait as I had to travel badly and got a new brake discs fitted...

So,my other brake discs are up for sale now..

My car is about 15 months old...and about 29K kms...

Those disc pads which are for sale have life for another 30,000 or 40k kms atleast...

Attached pics below..

Let me know if any TFI guyz are interested...I guarnatee it is genuine and OEM and is in very good condition..

The garage guy wanted to keep it with him for 1.3K....

I thought I should check with our TFI fraternity first...hence the offer..

1.3K ( for 2 disc pads)..

New pad cost is 3,700 Rs..approx

Let me know..I'm in bangalore IMG_20130917_145354_326.jpg IMG_20130917_145405_922.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks like a good deal, I changed by pad and disc just two weeks back,, I wish you would have came up with offer earlier.. good luck for the sale..

I sold my old disc to a metal recycle guy for 300 :)
  3. Puntosat,
    I will pick it up,let me know how to proceed.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

AFAIK New disks costs ~ 2000 for a pair, This was like 6 months ago. If FIAT recently hiked the price to 3700 then please excuse.
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Mine is OEM disk...It really does cost Rs 3600 approx...

I bought it from Aadya Motors..(he pic attached has OEM boxes as well)

The one you mentioned in link is non-OEM....

If you read my first post...I bought non-OEM brake pads and suffered a lot...

Anyways,please let me know if you are still interested in the ones I want to sell..

I'm just trying to help out our friends in TFI...
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

I don't see the pics but sounds like FIAT has madly hiked the price of the discs from what you are saying.

Here's a screenshot from my invoice which says 980.79/piece. The last field is 0.00 in my invoice since it was a warranty replacement. This was like 6 months ago.

7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Recently (couple of weeks back) we replaced the front discs in a friend's Linea at Ramkay Fiat, Chennai. I remember seeing the the cost at around Rs. 1900+ but not sure if that is the cost for 1 disc or 2 discs. Will check with him.
  8. puntosat,

please clear your inbox, i am not able to send you PM.
  9. chandu.paladugu

chandu.paladugu Timido

Hi puntosat,

i have a question about rewoking on discs with lathe machine...
    is it safe while hard breaking?