1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto makes @ bangalore showrooms

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by zenwalker, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear All,

This might sound a bit basic question, but i have not yet started visiting showrooms. So before that i am trying to gather all doubts. Any ways, below is the questions:

• At what rate FIAT India is manufacturing punto (Sport and 2012) cars and release it to dealers? Every 2 month batch or ??
    • At most bangalore showrooms, how old makes is found? Can i find at least 2 month old make cars? If yes, where? If not, how old then? Any way to have a new make?
    • I found this pre-check list article Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Buying - Pre-delivery Inspection & Check List , how true it is as of today w.r.t FIAT and its dealers (showrooms).

Thanks & Regards,
    Zen :)

P.S: @Mods, i do hope this thread has landed in the right section and its not duplicate, otherwise please kindly move it. Apologies.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From where you got this information? It is wrong.
    Fiat is producing Punto and Linea each month.
    How it sends to dealers, depends how dealer sends the request.

2-3 months old car is very normal to find at any dealers, at any manufacturer.
    Seems old news, but it may be the case if some dealer is stuck with old car, which they could not sold.
    Thats why PDI is good to have - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-downloads/2058-fiat-specific-pdi-v3-0-new-format.html
    And this is true with any car you buy.

BTW, I didn't get your title of thread.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I just assumed that FIAT manufactures with alot time taken due to very less sales all over. I do not have any concrete evidence.
    Sorry about the title. You answered as i expected :)
    Thanks
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

If I am not wrong, FIAT had announced at the time of launch of Sports model that they will sell only a limited number of these cars. So could be they manufacture(d) only a fixed set of GPs. But then this was on 18th May at the time of launch. Not sure how has it proceeded.
    For sure non-Sport cars are manufactured every month as Ravi has already mentioned in his post.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please don't speculate, people are getting Sports model, as well, manufactured in Sep'12.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    So i am assuming that each month release may fix some issues which may have been found in the previous releases!
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What issues are being found? Can you be specific.

Some individual issues/problem doesn't call for any rectification. If there is something generic in nature, I assume they do fix it, but not each month.
  8. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Once dealership places order, the process and shipping itself takes minimum of 3-4 weeks. In this 2-3 days are taken by the truck from Ranjangoan to Bangalore for various reasons (As per different Sales Managers at showrooms have told me). It then goes to the yard of the dealer, it takes another atleast 1 week to come to the showroom. On an average a car is atleast 4-5 weeks old in Bangalore. With other overheads, a 2 month car is perfectly fine.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, nice info there :)
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Hey zen.. you seem to be a :irked Fiat lover.. plz dont worry.. Fiats dont have as much problems as people think/say in various forums. It is the customer who has to be careful during purchase. Issues are plagued across manufacturers.. just check out the below threads...

Disgruntled Skoda Superb owner advertises on NH8, Gurgaon - Team-BHP
    Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users! - Team-BHP
    The Truth about Mercedes India, according to Cama Motors (Ex-Mercedes Dealer) - Team-BHP
    Ravindu Toyota sells *Display* Altis to an unsuspecting customer - Team-BHP

Disclaimer: I just reproduced this from another forum. I/Teamfiat forum do not own responsibility for any info available on the public domain.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.