1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto - Live To Drive

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Anand, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello All

Finally its time for us to buy our first car. Since my requirement is mostly highway driving, Car with good ride & handling is primary choice and Punto is best in this segment. Since I work in Automobile tech dept I neither TD any car nor consulted any one, with out second thought booked PUNTO 1.3 Dynamic @ KHT FIAT in Jan 2014 delivered in mid of FEB 2014. I have not looked at sedans since it will be me and wife.

Buying Experience KHT FIAT: Over all satisfied but needs improvement.

Few comments on punto competitors:

Maruthi Swift: Common car and Had issues with high speed braking
    Hyundai i20: Design lacks feel.
    Polo: 3 cylinder engine, if present 1.5 engine had launched in Jan 2014 may be should have looked at it.
    Skoda Fabia: Out dated engine/model
    TATA Indica: No more discussions.

I have completed 20000 KM till day. Trips covered
    Bangalore - Ooty
    Bangloare - Vijayawada
    Bangalore - Hyderabad
    Bangalore - Jog falls, Gokarna, Murudeshwara
    Bangalore - Vellore
    Bangalore - Lepakshi, Kadiri
    Bangalore - Kukke, Dharmasthala
    Bangalore - Mysore

Issues observed
    More tyre noise with JK, decided to change to Michelin 185, but when I went for 1st service there is offer on OEM alloys. Each alloy costed 4999. Brought alloys and decided to go with Michelin primacy LC 195 size tyre. Drastic improvement in noise and braking after this change.

Gear lever vibration/noise: Still problem exists but only in 3rd gear, gear lever replaced when noise came first time but not rectified, almost 3 times taken to service center for same reason.

Left rear door dent removed and re painted insurance claimed.

Suspension noise observed over humps on right side and gearsing done, but problem became more worse and I can hear big hammering sound (metal to metal), went back to service and asked them to remove suspension infront of me, crazy bumpstop cap fitted reversly so literally no bumpstop acting.

Paint mismatch between rear bumper and body. Yet to get corrected.

Over all heart full satisfaction for buying punto. Service review I will post in service center forum.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for the Punto @Anand !!

What about pics? :)
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Anand. Validation of Punto from an automobile techie talks a lot about the car. Do share more details and pics.
    @pabhishek, how do I give a like to your signature? Awesome, it is as is TJet[mine too]!
    pabhishek likes this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @pabhishek
    Even I like your signature with one version of my own. I would write.... Great cars..... well, they just lead you out of trouble!!!!!

@Anand
    Why did you miss the fun of TDind a Punto. Congratulations any ways on owning one. We need pics of the beauty. Also suggest to jot down your travelogue experiences in the separate thread in the relevant section. How much did the Michelins cost you?
    pabhishek likes this.
  6. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Each tyre costed 6000 INR. JK tyres with rims exchanged for 4000INR.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2015 ---
    Sorry guys...till date I have not take my car pictures specifically. I will upload after pongal..Also brought team fiat posters and started distributing to my friends...
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally Got TF stickers

10940627_10205790381900432_3351576051964587527_n - Copy.jpg