1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto - Live To Drive

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anand, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello All

Finally its time for us to buy our first car. Since my requirement is mostly highway driving, Car with good ride & handling is primary choice and Punto is best in this segment. Since I work in Automobile tech dept I neither TD any car nor consulted any one, with out second thought booked PUNTO 1.3 Dynamic @ KHT FIAT in Jan 2014 delivered in mid of FEB 2014. I have not looked at sedans since it will be me and wife.

Buying Experience KHT FIAT: Over all satisfied but needs improvement.

Few comments on punto competitors:

Maruthi Swift: Common car and Had issues with high speed braking
    Hyundai i20: Design lacks feel.
    Polo: 3 cylinder engine, if present 1.5 engine had launched in Jan 2014 may be should have looked at it.
    Skoda Fabia: Out dated engine/model
    TATA Indica: No more discussions.

I have completed 20000 KM till day. Trips covered
    Bangalore - Ooty
    Bangloare - Vijayawada - 3times
    Bangalore - Hyderabad - 2 times
    Bangalore - Jog falls, Gokarna, Murudeshwara
    Bangalore - Vellore
    Bangalore - Lepakshi, Kadiri
    Bangalore - Kukke, Dharmasthala
    Bangalore - Mysore

Issues observed
    More tyre noise with JK, decided to change to Michelin 185, but when I went for 1st service there is offer on OEM alloys. Each alloy costed 4999. Brought alloys and decided to go with Michelin primacy LC 195 size tyre. Drastic improvement in noise and braking after this change.

Gear lever vibration/noise: Still problem exists but only in 3rd gear, gear lever replaced when noise came first time but not rectified, almost 3 times taken to service center for same reason.

Left rear door dent removed and re painted insurance claimed.

Suspension noise observed over humps on right side and gearsing done, but problem became more worse and I can hear big hammering sound (metal to metal), went back to service and asked them to remove suspension infront of me, crazy bumpstop cap fitted reversly so literally no bumpstop acting.

Paint mismatch between rear bumper and body. Yet to get corrected.

Over all heart full satisfaction for buying punto. Service review I will post in service center forum.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi Anand.

It takes an automotive engineer (or designer!) to truly appreciate the Punto, isn't it? ;)

cheers, and welcome, keep active here!
    Anand, GirishRaghu and dadasaheb like this.
  3. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome to the team Anand.
    That's a very brief write up, to the point though. 20K in less than a year, you definitely LTD man :)

Now let some pictures do the talking please!

Wishing you many more happy miles with her.

Cheers
    Anand likes this.
  4. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Girish

You can see picture where there is mismatch in rear bumper color and body color. Service person says since it is plastic bumper there will be mismatch, not convinced with his answer.

Did any one faces gear lever vibration issue?? This will only happen in highway when ur cruising.

WP_20141225_10_07_38_Pro.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 25, 2014 ---
    Hi Prabhjot

For me Punto is most respected car....It saves life.
    naruf1 and prabhjot like this.
  5. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    It is clearly visible on the NPW color in my car as well. I suspect this due to the color changes that FIAT brought out from BNW to NPW. This is for both front and rear bumper. When I contacted ASC they gave me the same reason.
    Did you try to observe this in the front bumper? Because if it is due to the plastic black background then this should be visible in front as well. This change is visible only in bright sunlight.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You should ask him if he has used some transparent base primer before base color and clear coat.o_O Dont accept these replies from Service person. Surface preparation this time will be even less. The problem maybe with paint matching or painters mistake of diluting stuff. Email Fiat and escalate the issue, CC to CRM head of FASC.

Also a bit difficult to notice the mismatch in the shade pic you attached. Maybe visible in brighter environment ?
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    ghodlur likes this.
  7. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have not observed this on front side. Reason from service guy is not convncing. For next service looks like I need to highlight to fiat if service guy is not ready to correct it
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2014 ---
    I will send you better picture. I will highlight if they are not ready to accept it during next service which will be mostly in FEB
    One of my friends punto met acciddent a week ago on Vijayawada Hyderabad highway. No injury to my friend who is driving.
    He hit moving truck from behind during night

altAk2HYBJDaR4XnVtzbnGFmZZ4XBgxXa7hWx4eS0cZuK07.jpg

altAlPu_6BwH8e7vda5i8iSmHbmtUCjP_JqsRCpi7B6fUv0.jpg

altAsTiQjDcOpskRCrv6_GguN1jvYP6DQgpO1ZJRyJ2zLYA.jpg

altAvUasK-cVwCwoa5gZ3RjzAZayxQLu_5AGhSJ5NvNRfLo.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I would suggest you to avoid verbal communication. Instead you could send an email and suggest that such paint mismatch is not acceptable. You can wait for their reply and only then perhaps forward to Fiat. That way they have a fair chance to address the issue. Also take opinion of some good third party workshop to get a better assessment of colour variation and confirm if the colour can be matched or the paint job is within reasonable tolerance of matching paint.

Thing is that these days it is very advanced, and unless some procedure is not followed, errors occur. I have recent experience where even a road side paint-shop chap could match the FTA colour on Linea rear bumper, as good as the dealership. Ofcourse dealership uses better chemicals and more thorough conditions like paint booth for nearly flawless results. BTW, FTA is a difficult to match colour.
    Glad no one was injured. What about the Punto, is it repairable, the chassis seems to have taken a serious hit, more visible from the front left door. Total loss looks like..?
  9. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes..it is total loss of vehicle. Even engine got cracked
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    If the engine of the Punto is badly hit, then the car will be classified as a total loss. Glad to know that the occupants are safe, speaks volume of the structural integrity of the Punto.

@Anand Suggest to start an ownership thread and highlight your experiences in the thread.

Mods: Suggest to move the Accident pics in the Accidents thread, no point in having them in the Introduction thread.