1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto/Linea - Which warranty is transferrable - standard, extended, both or none ?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by reggaerahul, Oct 15, 2014.

1. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    Hi,

I am looking at this 2013 Punto and I am wondering if the warranties are transferrable. I got from the seller that they are and in my Palio booklet it says it needs to be done within some time after the car is transferred but don't know how is it for the Punto. It has extended warranty and I am not sure if that is transferrable. The seller did a good job of calling some of the Fiat sales and they said its, just confirming your experience.

But if not I'd like to atleast have a standard one and an option to refresh to extended before standard expires. Does that make sense ?

In case any of you have done this exercise, would like to know the details. Thank you !
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think, warranty and extended warranty should be transferred to new owner. But do check and verify personally with dealer (from where car was bought) and also clarify any steps you need to take.
  3. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You can write to FIAT directly and get a confirmation mail which can act as proof in case of any hassles later.
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Warranties can be transferred and I have done it for my cars. After the purchase, write or call the respective dealer and update your details with them.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    As said by everyone the warranties - standard & EW if applicable are transferable to the new owner upon sale. The only thing that needs to be ensured is that the Fiat system is updated with the new owner details if the warranty terms are to be validated.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All warranties are transferrable (regular and extended)

Once the car purchase is complete do this:
    1. Immediately apply for new registration card
    2. Get the insurance transferred
    3. As soon as you receive the new RC : go to the service station / dealer and ask them to update the ownership details. Also carry the extended warranty booklet and get it endorsed (The system software does have details of the extended warranty but it's better to get it physically endorsed too)
    4. Get some minor work done, generate a job card and make sure that the invoice shows your name. That is an evidence that the system has been updated
    In case you still have any doubts : catch up with us at the check-up camp :)
    mchanna, nkrishnap and reggaerahul like this.
  7. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    Excellent !! Thats all I needed hear. I actually called Fiat-india tollfree today morning, the guy said its transferrable but asked me to send the copy of current RC and the extended warranty card. I sent the scans. Don't know why they needed em.. Anyways, I would follow the procedure once I transfer the car immediately.