1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto/Linea is Ghat eligible !

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Surya, Nov 6, 2012.

?

FIAT Vehicles - are ghat eligible..!

Poll closed Dec 6, 2012.
  1. Yes, has enough power to pull on the hilly roads

100.0%
  2. No, Not enough power..can't take hilly/steep roads

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Punto moves ahead up the hilly roads with one stretch also in third gear ... Is this vehicle ideally suitable to pull at any gear at any inclination..or with the 1st gear ..Is FIAT Ghat eligible or only meant for the straight.. thick thar roads..

Note: Post your personal experiences and know hows and not claimed by anybody or any portal..Thx
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Fiat cars can climb ghat section pretty easily,it just needs a little getting used to..But @any gears no car can climb the ghats,for climbing the ghats 1,2nd and third gear is used the most...And in case the car gets stalled at any steep slope,its better to put the car on handbrake,then build the revv and release the hand brake,this needs a bit of practising..You can practice this on any empty inclined road,my wife practices on the flyover that comes after avalahalli,dont forget to use the hazard light,and choose a time of day when traffic is minimum...
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Surya,

Punto is not just Ghat eligible, its a Ghat master.
    I have been to Srisailam (some steep ghat section with hair pin bends) with 2 on-board and also to Lonavla & Khandala with 4 adults + 1 child (7 yr old) on-board.
    I have not even had any glitch while driving on any of these roads, even in scenarios where i have to stop and start on the ghat section either for scenic photography or for some traffic issues. I have all the time driven 2nd gear or above that all the time had never seen a situation to go to 1st gear unless its a standstill start or almost standstill.
    Ofcourse any in any vehicle we have to choose the gear wisely depending on the situation.
    Not just the climb up but even the way down the ghat using the clutch was absolute fun in the way Punto holds controls on the clutch. Lots of people think coming down the Ghat is a easier task. its easier said than done, climb up is much easier than down :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Why only Punto/Linea, all the cars can climb any ghat sections where the roads have been correctly designed. Most of the state/national roads are designed with proper gradation.

Private roads are exceptions. I know of one such road where a Maruti 800 could climb the hill easily & all other cars had problems. I got stuck in my UNO because of my over confidence :). The owner of the road has marked a route on the road which if you follow properly you will not have any problems climbing the hill.

Kiran
  5. mayank

mayank Amatore

Well i agree with raj..and from my personal experience punto is the "Queen" of ghats/hilly areas..and when it comes to driving it around in hills this beauty just comes into its very owned territory where it may never disappoint you but will provide you the pleasurable and a desired relaxed drive, provided if you are well trained..Second most important thing that Its HPS is really a gift in divine for these hilly curves and hair pin bends..It will always keep things in control :) and will bring a cheerful smile for every curve you cross :) I have driven on Himachal roads which may get very challenging and with 5 people on board on those steep inclines whether a national highway or a district road it has conquered almost every challenge till now(touchwood) :)
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Ghat driving is not just about climbing. It takes more skill to drive downhill without the brakes fading than it takes to drive uphill. The T-Jet excelled in this department on my way down from Tirupathi. Those who have driven to Tirupathi would know that the downhill route is a lot more challenging than the uphill route, with 56 hairpin bends. The T-Jet took the route in 3rd gear almost all the way through - had to shift to 2nd a couple of times - and was able to handle all 56 hairpins without using brakes. I had to brake only when the bus in front wouldn't yield.

Rajan
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    IMO this poll is not necessary. Punto & Linea are undisputed ghat leaders. GP & Linea not only climb ghat fast but also regain its momentum if there is any momentum loss. Due to short gear ratio,you don't have to press more throttle.
    3 people like this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    my GP has had no issues climbing ghats whatsoever..
    Even when i had a turbo leak I was driving in 3rd gear with ease...
    The handling manners just adds to the icing on the cake.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Better to close the thread,this info misleads the marketing strategy of FIAT cars.FIAT is the Road King when it comes to Ghat section.
    1 person likes this.
  10. venka

venka BANNED

Do we really require this thread & Poll ???

They are the masters irrespective Straight road , Ghat Road , curvy Road Blah blah...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.