1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto/Linea Electrical System

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by johnny, Jun 2, 2010.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys,
    When I collected my GP from Aspi Motors Ahmadabad in Dec 09, there was a very knowledgeable and enthusiastic engineer from Fiat available there. He took the trouble to explain to me the functioning of Blue & Me, as well as the other bells and whistles on the Emo Pk. Later as we were having a chat over a cup of tea, he came out with some interesting information. According to him, the electrical system on the Punto/Linea is quite sophisticated as compared to the other cars in their categories. He added that this was because parts of the electrical system used the 'bus' configuration. According to him, improper fitment of after-market electrical accessories like alarms, ICE components etc, could result in problems that would be very difficult to fix, or even diagnose. He further advised me that in case I needed to fit some after-market electrical accessory, it should be discussed with the Fiat engineers, and the fitment must definitely be done by Fiat engineers.
    I have not had the opportunity to 'research' his comment about the electrical system. However, I feel it would be a good idea to discuss this aspect with Fiat technical staff, the next time the forum members interact with them. In case this is indeed correct, then it might be a good idea to disseminate this to all 'Fiateers'.
    Johnny
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Even I heard of the same information. So, I refrained from going in for after-market fitment especially reverse-parking sensors, of which I am very much interested as I do not want to mess up my Fiat Linea's electrical wiring circuits.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have fitted a reverse parking sensor on my Punto. It is a Fiat certified accessory (box has Fiat logo), made by Autocop. It was about 4500/=. The fitment did not require any wire cutting, and since it is certified by Fiat, will not void warranty. The fitment itself was done by Autocop technicians at my residence. This was tied up by the Fiat dealer. The sensor only has audio warning, and has four black sensors (looks OK on my Medium Grey car). It should be compatible with Linea. I think it features on the Fiat website as an accessory.
    Johnny
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    While I was waiting at Concorde Motors, Hosur Road, Bangalore, during the first free servicing of my Fiat Linea, I had a dekho of Fiat accessory reverse parking sensor. In fact, SA agreed to my condition that the sensors should be painted with FTA before fitment. But, I am yet to act on it. BTW, how is its performance and are you satisfied with it, johnny?
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am satisfied with the performance.

Johnny
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Johnny. Reverse parking sensor is now in active consideration. :-D
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well guys even ive got the reverse sensor kit on my GP EPk... I got the Autocop Brand which doesnt have a fiat logo though... I paid 3200 with fitting and 1 yr warranty... It comes with a digital display along with Beeps with 4 rare sensors and the best one was i got the body colored sensors which look good.
    Also ive not voided the warranty as no cable were cut during the installation it was a socket to socket system so no worries.
    Well as long as you dont cut any wires it should be fine with the warranty stuff... Ive not faced any issues so far as my car is 6months old now after installing all these accessories...
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    When FIAT had commenced the sale of FIAT Genuine Accessories at that time FIAT had introduced Audio system specially made for Active version.

I don't understand meaning of words used by FIAT.
    " Car Audio System specially made for Active " . ? :confused:

Is there any problem to electrical system of GP if we install any after-market HU to Active model ?
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Read the ICE fitment thread by Phew. He's running a whole disco and more in his car. :p
    1 person likes this.