1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto kerb weight - question.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sriramr9, Oct 19, 2013.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    i put my car on the weighbridge today, the trunk was loaded with sorts of goodies, 4 (1 liter) cans of distilled water, laptop, stuufed apparels, books. i also did a tankful.

Post that i put the car on the weighbridge, the result was 1280 Kg.

Based on diesel equivalent calculation 45 liters equals 41kg as diesel is less denser than water, i generously kept a margin of 50kg for the luggage = 91 kg. Even then 1280 - 91 equals 1189 kg.

I see the kerb weight stated in the manual for Diesel Punto is 1130kg only which is (total weight of a vehicle with standard equipment, all necessary operating consumables (e.g., motor oil and coolant), a full tank of fuel, while not loaded with either passengers or cargo.)

Even then the figure seems to be on the higher side, why should FIAT claim a kerb weight of 1130kg when it s really higher in the weighbridge reading. Mine is a 2012 model.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Don't think those huge weighing machines are 100% accurate some error would be there in them especially when wieghing mere 1000 kgs when they are used to measure hundred of tons.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  3. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    It was a 30 ton capacity weighbridge sir. Not really sure how to guage the exact weight.