1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto is home :)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Live2dream, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Took delivery of my punto emotion BNW today from VST motors, Chennai. The odo read 55 kms with the H symbol when I took delivery. Delivery was a smooth affair, reached showroom at 11 30, all the formalities got completed by 12 45 and got hold of the car. Gifted the SE with a Peter England shirt and some sweets. the guy was extremely cordial and helpful through out the process

My first impressions about the car, detailed review will come after a month.

1. Needs some getting used to, to drive in the city. Too many gearshifts
    during peak traffic, my ford ikon 1.6 was a breeze to drive
    2. Incoming calls through blue and me sets the speaker to max volume by
    default, got head ache after continous calls, need to see the manual.
    3. Got a warning light (pic attached) on the cluster after driving for
    20kms. The message read, check numberplate light. Need to get it
    4. Seats somehow didnot feel v comfortable, the lumbar support feels wierd,
    need to try out various adjustments now.

Now the +ves

1. The car feels rock solid, built very strong and feels safe to be inside
    2. AC very efffective, in full Auto mode, cools in no time even during peak
    afternoon heat.
    3. Extemely composed ride, bumps dispatched with ease compared to ikon
    4. Looks to kill.
    5. Dad drove the car for a few kms, and was impressed, kept saying the
    car feels very sophisticated

Missc :

1. During delivery, dad saw a champagne colour linea emotion parked nearby
    and was paying more attention to it than my poor punto.
    2. Lot of stares which I never got when I used to drive the ikon,
    3. 10 minutes into the drive after taking delivery mom fel asleep, tells a lot
    about the ride and AC
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Congrats. Your car was there in the yard at the same time as mine and I took delivery last Saturday. I wonder what took them so long to deliver yours.
    Have fun.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Congrats. Your car was there in the yard at the same time as mine and I took delivery last Saturday. I wonder what took them so long to deliver yours.
    Have fun.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Many congrats on getting the punto home!! :)
  4. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats....I also took delivery today of my Oceanic Blue Punto....:)
  5. Congrats. Happy riding...
  6. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Congrats on ur purchase.. Nice road to drive
  7. Thankyou everyone and congrts prasantgupta84..

@relativity.. Well i had delayed the delivery as i was looking for an off day and covinient dates when my parents could come to chennai....how many kms have you clocked in till now?
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Congrats! Looks a beauty..!!
    As you said it all, need some getting used to. This car requires least shifting of gears in traffic.
    Dig it to know it as it's completely different from an an Ikon 1.6!
    Below 30, stay in 2nd gear, above 30 stay in 3rd gear, as simple as it gets.
    Don't use 1st gear ever until you come at a standstill which any car required to. As simple as that.
    More like semiautomatic & be assured, it vastly different from Ikon on +ve side.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Congrats on your new car. Where did you take there pictures BTW?

As you have already quoted it's a matter of getting used to the diesel torque. Once you understand to rev match you will be fine.

Can be adjusted through the head unit menu. Should be called as external volume.

Just check the number plate lights for a loose connections or if any of the bulbs is fused.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  10. Thanks enki".. Will try the below 30 and above 30 thing next time.. The third gear i found it to be very useful..taking her on a long drive to trivandrum in couple of days..lets see how it is to ride her on highways

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Thankyou teky. The pics were taken inside IIT campus , chennai. Went to visit dad old classrooms and hostel along with him and mom. Such a nice lil place right in thte heart of the city.
    Will try adjusting the volume as said. This forum is a boon. You ask for anything and the answer is instantaneous. I love it:D

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Could any one please tell me from the pics above, if the temp guage on the above pic is normal. The needle was as in the pic, very slightly on the higher side of the middle level, but it did not budge from there, i am very conscious of the temp guage as my ikon had lot of overheating issues as it became old