1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Nitin, i doubt whether Fiat will ever agree to paint the car at their factory.

My suggestion for you is to ask FIAT to depute one of their factory paint shop engineer/supervisor to be there at the TASC supervising your car's painting. I am sure Mangesh will agree to it.
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I think, I'll move in consumer court. Suggesstions are welcome.
  3. vishwas

vishwas

Pune
    Hey Nitin, really sorry to see those rusted pics. Its Quite unbelievable on a modern day car. Bad luck man.
    I would suggest get it repainted at the dealer and if you are sceptical, just sell off the car and book your losses. Court route would take away your precious time and energy. Maybe you can ask Fiat for buying it back at a reasonable price and buy a newer Linea T-jet or Punto MJD
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    it is far from possible and sensible to get the car painted from manufacturing plant . in order to squeeze in an outside car from the production line it would be worth an adventure for the owner and manufacturer.

i dont think getting it repainted from a good painting shop/service centre is going to be much different, but get it done legally asking for a guarantee or warranty .
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Nitin : hope you received my email.
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Yes Amogh, I've gone through your mail.

After reading so many reply from TFI members stating its exteremly tough to get it re-painted in Plant, I am a bit down.

I may need to consider if FIAT is ready to buy it for good price. But how much they can pay is the question.

I bough it on 13th Nov 2009 and clocled 23000 kms so far.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nitin,

Don't get disheartened. Wait to see what is the solution Fiat is offering. Call up Mangesh and speak to him.

And don't discuss the painting at factory topic with him. Just ask him "What is the best possible solution Fiat can offer?" . Tell him you are ready to trade in your car if Fiat is offering you a good deal on a new car. If you show an intent to consider various options : they will give you options !! In situations like these : we have to trade a little diplomatically. I completely understand that none of this is your fault. But at the same time, getting your car on the road with all the problems rectified should be your top most priority.
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Here is plan for rust treatment:

Mine and Vijyant's Punto will get treatment in Oberai Cars, Noida. This is new workshop having new paint booth. Fiat is confident that we'll get our car in condition like coming out from factory. This is wait n watch situation.

All rusted parts will get changed under warranty. Sealant application will take place manually.

I asked for whole body paint in single shot to avoid mismatch by any chance. Also, I'll get damaged door biddings etc replaced under warranty.

We asked for man power from plant and waiting for the reply on this topic.

Verbal communication is done by Tata Motors on parts replacement and whole body paint. Now we are waiting for parts to be available. We'll receive communication about treatment date soon.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good to hear that things are moving.

All the best buddy. You've handled a lot of stress/anguish over this issue.

What is the plan of action for the rust present at the floor of the car body?

Gurjinder.
  10. nitin
    finally some good news..
    why not bargain a little more for a new shell altogether since none of that is your fault...
    a little rust left unseen like a tumour will cause the same problem again