1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Thank you Tron. Elegant Cars is best in Delhi\NCR and I don't have any issue with them so far. It's Tata executive who was trying to be over smart.

I'll esclate this issue step by step till FIAT CEO and later in court if required. But, Iwould like to take suggestion on the esclation part from you guys.

Yes, I am not at all going to accept any treatment other than replacement of body shell in plant.
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Is there any body pointed by Gurjinder? If yes, that can be helpful.
  3. Some photographs of my rusted Punto. Sorry for the bad quality pics. Nokia X2's camera is good only in papers (5 MP). In reality it is par below.

https://picasaweb.google.com/soundar.d.gr8/Rust?authkey=Gv1sRgCOfYg-WtzLnnjAE#

Thank you Teky (aka Suresh - The TFI brand Punto of Chennai), Ramesh and a new friend with CSC problem at the service camp. I frankly took the car to service camp just to do the check-ups and meet fellow TFIans. Because of you guys, I happen to meet Vikaram and an official from Fiat. My car is examined and lot of photographs taken. I was asked to leave the car to fix the rust and re-paint. As I was in need of my Punto very badly, I asked them to pick my car next weekend. I hope the things will be fine soon.

OT by the way. The bad driver in me creeped out a while ago. I brushed my punto against the wall while reversing it to park. Luckily got away with minor scratch. Last time I did the same with my cousin's Santro, the bumpers gave up.

Edit: A note to mods. I am bit lazy to resize the pics. That is the reason why I uploaded to my Picasa account and shared its link. Please let me know if I have to remove the link.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  4. chaudh2s

chaudh2s

Delhi
    I sent the matter to ACI, and not once but twice, once for my skoda fabia and now for punto, but they didn't do anything. Probably they do it only for the relatives or friends of their staffers.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Nitin,

Whats the latest update on the issue? Are things moving forward?
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

VP,

Yesterday I met with 2 Tata executives at Elegant Cars. My left front seat was taken out, rust was found at left rear seat bolt. Then I stopped them to go further on checking because car already has enough visible rusted areas. Also, Chasis number is rusted which is located under carpet.

One of them (Mr. Ravi Agarwal) is really good person and helped me in past too, look closly on my car and felt that these parts (doors, bonnet, fenders etc) should be replaced. I denied on it and asked them to replace complet body shell.

Now I need to send a mail to them with treatment details I want. I'll send in the evening.

VP, can you pls PM me your number. I'll call you regarding this.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Cool, So they gave accepted to replace the complete body shell????
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well i too find some rusty patch on my inner bonnet... Well they r minor though but yet need to be fixed..:)
  9. Is this problem found only in white color? I own a red punto from past 7 months, not seen any issues like this. But surely i will double check all areas once again
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Fiat is not ready to treat my car in plant.

They said that its not possible because of high transport cost and different paint process in Plant.

I received a mail from Mangesh that work will be done in TASC till my satisfection.

I've clearly denied to get treated in TASC in my reply mail. Looks like issue will on legal way now. But still I want to give time to FIAT.
    Last edited: May 12, 2011