1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Today, TATA executive examined my car who was not aware of warranty period actually.
    Prior to examine , he asked few questions like when I bought it, how many kms done so far etc etc.

He had a look on my car and said very politely "We can't change body shell because 1 year is completed and warranty is over" otherwise we could have change it without any issue" . He was sure that warranty period is 1 year only or he tried to fool me and Vijayant.

Me and Vijayant were like :eek::eek: on his statement. Vijayant took warranty document and shown him that warranty period is 2 years not 1 year.

That chap immediately took a U turn and started giving some unacceptable comments… we’ll do this bla bla. I clearly denied to accept replacement of parts.

Guys, worst part is that floor is also infected which I noticed today only. Next exercise is to take seats out and see health of the floor which means another photo session. I am going out of station hence this session will take place after 5th of May.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Nitin paaji- Vijayant sir was sounding bit disturbed today when I talked to him regarding warranty of FIAT cars against corrosion and perforation. Now I know the exact reason. I hope FIAT acts on your complaint asap and come out with a solution.
  3. If this is the case
    Then we need to remove the seats and the floor carpet and al parts of the body shell and get it painted with anti corrosive paint.

What say?
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

painting is not the solution at all. the body shell needs to be replaced.

take that engineer to ransom. bloody he doesnt even know the warranty policy of FIAT. what a loser.
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I clearly felt that Tata executive came with mind made up for not to provide body replacement as an option. First he said that car is out of warranty otherwise we could have replace it then why he changed his words once he got that car is still in warranty.

I've invested very hard earned money in this car and don't want to take my family in car whose foundation is rusted and lost its strength, which can result in disaster.

I am looking for best opinion from TFI.

If no result come in my favor then as last option I'll take this matter to court and I've full faith in Indian judiciary system. Anybody can judge the impact on this kind of rust in a car. I think it should not be a tough legal fight by looking my car in person.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Guys , are there any independent evaluation bodies who can check nitin's car and give a report on its condition?

Whose report the service centre cannot deny and which will hold weight in a court of law , if matters go there?

P.S. Awaitin pics of how bad ( god forbid) the floor turns out to be.
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    new body shell the only option
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Nitin, I am sure you must have contacted Fiat, what is their response?
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

@Ravi, I've already sent a mail to Mangesh and Narendra Sharma. No response from them. Then, I called up Mangesh and he said that approval is pending with Tata Motors. I think , Tata executive examined my car yesterday because of this.

I already share his opinion with TFI. Now I am planning to send a mail to Anand Kumar.

If nothing happenes , then will esclate to Ravi Bhatia, then Rajeev Kapoor. Let see how it goes from here.

As of now, my heart is totally down.
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

@nitinkumardba, i'll say change the service center check in other TASS with same issue, explain them your case & follow up done till today, the TASS you are visiting may be just agree to do work but may dont perform job properly! off course every one buys car with lots off hard work! just get replacement only dont accept any treatment!! & still if you dont find out any luck with it just start connecting higher authorities in FIAT INDIA.