1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Relationship with the my sales person has been very good since my interaction with him. He is a nice guy, however he had left FIAT dealership few months back and join VW.

I had words with him regarding this , he said that it was a brand new car and his confidence was excellent. He asked me not to worry in this front.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Saw this thread and talked to Vijayant sir. Rust like this shouldn't have happened in the first place.
    I hope Fiat comes with a solution/treatment and future cars should be rust free. Mr Mangesh is taking this issue very seriously.
  3. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    Hi Frnds,,, i just checked my car today. I saw some rust on the boot and front left door. I'll check in daylight and will update. i m worried now....
  4. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Nitin, Pics look real bad.

Hope things resolve soon and to your entire satisfaction. See you at elegant tomorrow.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    this is sick from fiat. they simply want to fool people by selling their Maserati look alike cars which are still old padminis from deep inside. even my vocal white linea has some rust on it. but since it was not much i got it touched up at the SC. i think by now fiat must be very well aware of the rusting problem as this is not the first case.
    IF I WERE YOU I WOULD SIMPLY DEMAND ANOTHER SHELL AND THAT TOO PAINTED AT THE RANJANGAON FACTORY. DO NOT SETTLE FROM ANYTHING LESS.
    they will offer you to re paint this car but trust me it will creep up later.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    KPZ stands for October 2009. Mine is JPZ - September 2009. I is not considered for VIN.
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

O Yes Ravi, forget to ignore I.
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Parts replacement is not at all a solution. Vijayant's bonnet was changed due to rust before six month. Believe me guys, new bonnet is infected with faster pace.

Luckly old bonnet was still in SC and we compared both. Original one is in better condition.

Tomorrow, I'll send detailed report to Tata Motors and FIAT India.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Mine is JPZ too -Sep 2009... have few rust underbody on seam welded joints...just a small spec types.. when I visit Pune for Free Checkup on 23-Apr , will consult TFI members and seek next steps...
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    This is unacceptable !! do we have a lawyer within TFI? or shall we consider to hire one and build a case along with an independent Auto Expert and Seek legal views?

If yes, then post 01-May, will make a trip to Gurgaon and lets get all our cars examined....wot say?