1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Thanks Ravi. I shall definitely do it. Thinking about checking with Sai Colorium and then KHT (who attempted the job previously) and then take up with FIAT.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    The thread is old, but my Punto has also rusted badly like this. Everything is rusted.
  3. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Hmmm.. bad paint job finishing again. FIAT is having a bad final quality check. They are missing all the incomplete body sealant at the exposed edges of metal. BTW, which year of manufacture is your Punto?
  4. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    2012 manufactured - rusting started from the edges and extended to entire metal sheets.

There is not a single metal sheet on the car without rust. Even there are rusts in the interior of the car (seat rails).
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Rust in the body panel metal sheet is a bad thing. I have rust forming only at the edges of panels where the sealants are not properly applied. Can you post the pictures here?

If 2012 model, the car's regular warranty should have expired, still it's worth taking up the issue to FIAT. Write to the customer care.
  6. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Well I have rust at the edges too.

I contacted their dealer for the first time when the car was just a few months outside of warranty. Once again I contacted Fiat in March 2015 but they rejected my request.

At that time Fiat had only 2.5 years warranty. The issue started in less than 3 years from the vehicle registration date.

I have posted the pictures in this thread:

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/entire-car-rusted-metal-parts-come-off-if-you-just-touch.15785/