1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

Any idea on the warranty given by Fiat for the paint job and anti perforation. Volkswagen covers the paint for 3 years and 6 years of anti perforation. Is there anything similar to that? I know there is an extended warranty of 2 years for Fiat cars, but does it also cover the paint and anti perforation?
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

Wrote to Mr. Mangesh and got a reply.

Ques: ".. many of the 2009 Punto and Linea owners have complained about their cars getting rusted at door joints and in the engine bay. Kindly let me know if there were any steps taken by Fiat to avoid these problems in 2012 models"
    Reply: Product improvement & upgrade is a continual process as per industry practice.

Ques: Is there any anti perforation guarantee given by Fiat (just like Volkswagen offer for 6 years on Polo)? Do extended warranty cover Punto's painting job even?
    Reply: we have 2 years Fiat contractual warranty that covers all warranty services on car including paint & anti perforation, with regards to addition warranty ( extended 26 months ), it is operated & governed by third party backed by insurance services provider, they cover mechanical, electrical & electronics of car.

Ques: If Fiat has no plans of selling the 2012 90hp Emotion Punto, why does the brochure (both at Fiat website and the dealer supplied ones) keep talking about it.
    Reply: As per inputs from our product manager, at presently Fiat Punto 90sports is under production, whenever Punto 90 Emotion will be produced same will be communicated as per company procedures through network.

So, I have made up my mind and booked a 2012 Minimal grey 75hp Emotion.

Will start a separate ownership thread as I don't want to hijack this one.

Thanks for all your input.
    4 people like this.
  3. What the hell is this .??? My confidence over fiat has gone for a toss now. I own a dec 2009 BNW Punto and i can't gather courage to see the places which might have got rust. I will do a thorough inspection of my car. In case if i find rust what should i do next? Will my car be treated under warranty??? Should i go for some after market treatment ?? please throw some light on it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ First you check that if you have any rust or not.
    This case was rare case.
    1 person likes this.
  5. guys yesterday only i checked my car during office hours..i couldn't resist myself by doing it. in the office premises only i opened all four doors, bonnet n dicky... the guards were also confused about what has happened to me suddenly ;) :p .... well, after a close inspection i found a very little rust on door joints at front, at rear doors it wasn't there. on bonnet it was lil bit and dicky was clean 100% ... i was quite happy seeing this thing :) ... but can somebody suggest me what should i do to stop this rust to eat my car further?? which treatment should be done and where it sould be done... thanx :)
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

Since the parts are rusted already, I don't think there is any use in going for after market treatment. You can check with TASS/FASS for a repaint/replacement (in case of excess rust). Getting it for free depends on your vehicle warranty. You may also check if this could be claimed from insurance.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Whenever you visit the service centre next, ask the guys to sand the rust off completely and touch it up with matching paint.

If you feel confident about it, this can easily be done on a Sunday with some sandpaper and com paint spray bottle.

As you say it's just minor, don't give it much thought.
  8. i have tried dozens of shops in delhi but couldnt found bossanova white com-paint for my car :A ..... i had dropped a query on com-paint website and got reply to check after 4-5 days and even afer 10 days the listing is not updated on the website :thumbs down .... can anyone help me out about the same???? Where can i find the required com-paint :anyone ????
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

I also own november 2009 FGP Emotion... I also noticed Rust at couple of places on my car... This Made me Sad... Its always painful see your lover ageing...

Another issue I am facing in last couple of days... Whenever my car goes over the Bump... As soon as the front wheels passes the bump, they make minor squirching noise... in normal potholes it doesnt make any such noise... Anyone has any idea about what could be the reason??? :anyone
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    This could be the front mud flaps brushing the speed breaker. When the original mud flap gets old, it becomes a little rigid and gets kind of a concave shape, with the lower portion bent forward. I have been hearing this noise for some time now.