1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. jagadish_punukollu

Hi Members,

I have same rust problem with FIAT Punto 1.3 MJD.

Uploaded some of the photos for reference. Photos

After Nitin Kumar experience with service center, I don't want my car to get re painted/Treated with them.

Please let me know how to proceed further. Please help me out.

2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Sad to see the rust. I think it would be better if you start a new thread where you can list down your issue to get replies from the forum members
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Hi Jagdesh, I suggest you to avoid external paint. I am saying this because getting good quality paint in SC is really a pain. You can ask for internal treatment and do it ASAP.

Note: I am very happy with treatment at Techno but quality came only when Fiat, Tata, Techno & Akzo Noble responsibility.
  4. jagadish_punukollu

Thanks for the suggestions, Car have rust on all four doors, trunk and bonnet. not sure about the roof and floor.

I got approval from Tata motors for treatment and repainting, will this really solve the problem? or do I need to ask for replacement of all the parts which got effected?

If they have to fix this they need to remove the whole shell from the car, I am really worried about the the service centre are they capable of doing the right job? will we get company standard in service centre?

Can we ask for car replacement?
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

Horrified to see this thread.. Is this issue still there with latest Puntos too? Unfortunately I have almost decided to book a 90hp BNW punto :(
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Not at all. Go ahead with the purchase without any worries in your head.
  7. Punto is very good car, which looks very elegant in BNW. Unfortunately, few from early (2009) batches are affected by rust. My car is one among them. I am yet to see a forum member complain about rust in new BNW Puntos. It should not be your deal breaker. However, perform PDI as mentioned in the PDI thread.
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

Thanks Gurjinder.

Soundar, Having said that your car got affected by rust, how did Fiat fix them up for you? Do you see the rust again after rework?

Now, that makes me think I should go for a complete 3M treatment (underbody, exteriors) on the brand new car (even though Fiat claims to use galvanized steel and every car undergoes an anti rust treatment).

PS: I am waiting to get my 90hp Emotion variant booking confirmed as there is a claim that it is available only through sports variant:D
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Mate , Dont worry , I Just get Delivery Of Punto 1.4 and Its in Totally Excellent Condition ,No Big Issue I find Out ,So ahead And Buy it ( with slighly misalligned GLOVEBOX :D ).
  10. TASS have treated my car twice. Still I see rust in quite a few corners. I am composing email to Fiat officials. Let me see, how they fix it this time. I don't think antirust treatment is required. I have done 3M treatment in my car during 3000Km service. So, I have a different opinion about it.

As other said, you don't have to worry about rust problems. Go ahead and confirm booking, if you like the car.