1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^^ that is fine. its the exhaust manifold. it rusts in almost all cars. its cast (SG)iron.
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks a lot.. I am a bit worried about it from the morning after reading all the posts
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Worry not Srini.

Avoid the engine coating as well. There is no need for any such coating. It's just a cash cow.

Cheers.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks for the advise paaji!! Sure i will heed to it.
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

3rd Service is done. Bill was Rs 4000.

There is a rubber pad to seal airflow inside fender. One of the rubber was not placed properly and somehow it got stuck between two pipes and caused rubbery tightness in gears. Pad was taken out from there and gear problem got resolved.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    sorry bro, its very usefull. i was also very sceptical about it. i had done it in my also 4 years back and still my also engine bay shines. not a single spot of rust anywhere.

the best part of it is the rubber hose pipes and the thin wires etc. they dont crack due to heat and time. generally over period one has to change these various pipes etc. due to the good coating they are still safe

i have no plan to do it in linea though seeing the complexity of MJD engines and their sensors :)
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Do you mean wax treatment for engine bay is useful?
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Italia, i'm happy to hear that the waxing worked well for your engine.

What about the engines who never were waxed, but still look spanking new after a quick degrease and wash. Even the cables are nice and intact. Case in point our Palio D. It's with us since new, August 2005. On the rare occasion that i get it degreased , it looks as good as it did in 05. It has the same pipes and cables.

I'm sure it'll stay so for the years to come.
  9. Paaji .. Dont you think that this rusting has something to do with the climate too ? because chennai is coastal region and here it is very humid .. Just a thought ..
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Good point, but i believe if the car is built right, then there is no need for any extra treatments. There are cases of FIATs showing early rust, but as per my personal experience with the Linea , i don't think it needs any external treatment. Even if it were in Chennai.

Cheers.