1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Guys,
    This rust is scary.
    I remember during my first service , the service in-charge had suggested anti rust treatment for door hinges. I thought it was not needed since FIAT took care of it. I had not heard of such treatment recommended in other cars.
    But now seems like I should have thought over it.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Any particular reason for Techno. Since you are in NCR why dont you try out HIM motors where OP Sharma and his team is. Maybe they would be able to resolve this matter in a better way
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I've discussed same with OP Sharma. Him Motors paintbooth is not a match of Techno. Techno has a latest paintbooth installed by Akzo Nobel. They can deliver car with in 3 hours when a panel is replaced. Also discussed the same with one of my known person in Akzo. He also suggested me to go with Techno only for any paint related treatment.

Lets hope for the best.
  4. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Car is handed over to Techno today morning. This is going to be last try , if rust comes back, I'll look another option for sure.

I am following on this rust issue since 9th April 2011. I've not taken any legal step because Fiat is supporting me.
  5. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    hi guys
    even my linea BNW manufactured Oct 2009 has rusting on boot doors hood it is mostly on inner edges but its not bad as those pic on tread.
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I handed over my car to Techno on 10th October. As per the plan, Fiat and Techno asked Akzo Nobel to deploy an executive from their side. Mr. Suresh was the person appointed by Akzo.

Paint work was finished yesterday so I went to check the car. I am really impressed with paint and rust treatment quality. However it is too early to comment like this but this is first impression. Suresh is very much confident that rust will not come back now.

Some fitment and body rubbing is still pending which would be done today. Fiat also wants to do cavity wax on the car which would be done by 3M in Him Motors on Monday when I'll give my car for 3rd free 'service.

All in all I am happy with the work as of now but ultimate goal is rust free car and only time can confirm the same. I'll upload pictures of car once it’s back at home.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Glad to know its come out good. BTW I got the cavity coating done (I think it was Waxpol) at the time of delivery. My rationale was that the whole underbody didn't need anti-rust again since it comes with a factory coat but one can be extra careful with the cavities and the hidden areas. Its been going fine till now.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    this is definitely a very good news. finally fiat has hit the nail in the wall perfectly. with all this treatment i dont think the rust will form again.

once the paint is settled they will do the rubbing and nice finishing. after this i would recommend you to use a very nice paint sealant from brands like meguairs or 3M etc.

also after few weeks of paint settlement, get a quick detailer or some good wax spray and spray it in all cavities, hinjes, door joints, bonnet cavities etc i.e everywhere you cannot polish regularly.

this ensures that there is no rust formed even if water or other contaminants reach these cavities or parts.
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I got my car yesterday evening at 8:20PM.

Paint quality is looking good but rubbing is not done properly. Clearly proper rubbing is required. Suresh was not available yesterday so rubbing was done in his absence and monkeys played their natural game. Will take it for rubbing after Diwali.

Also, no internal cleaning was done and I could not deny delivery. When I switched on AC, it smelled like potty. What the hell is this. But all these are temp issue and can be resolved. I hope that rust will not come back again but if it comes, I'll knock the door of court this time. Given enouogh time to TATA FIAT and they have done their best too.

Today, taking my car to Mr. O P Sharma for 3rd service and Anti cavity treatment.

I noticed that 1st, 3rd and 5th gear are lil hard to engage when drove my car back home yesterday.Gear lever is not getting stuck anywhere but its very rubbery and need extra force to engage. 2 years period is completing on 29th October hence better to check gear problem properly.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    After reading this post entirely i critically inspected my car today morning. Did not find rust anywhere expect for few places in the engine. Attached are the pics.. I do not remember seeing these during PDI. Checked it up with dealer and he told that not to worry as it is cast iron and bound to have some rust developed in the surface. Need you advice. Should i go for wax treatment for enginebay. Anyhow I am planning to go for anti-rust treament from 3M after reading this thread. IMG00067-20111024-0852.jpg IMG00069-20111024-0852.jpg