1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

It is really sad Nitin. Although Fiat top brass seem to be supportive, end result is you are a harassed car owner for no fault of yours. I really appreciate your level headed-ness in dealing with this whole episode. From many threads on TFI, it appears Chennai and NCR are baddest regions when it comes to inefficient A.S.S. I hope your case is favorably and satisfactorily handled by Fiat if they have to regain the faith.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Nitin ..hats off to your patience and the affection you have towards your car. Yes this time NO COMPROMISE from your side. Let someone from TML or FIAT be present there in workshop.
  3. arian

arian Amatore

My linea (approx. 2 years old, sliver colour, 45 k run) has some rust issues too. Till date I ve really not bothered to take it up with TASS. Just yesterday I gave for servicing & the 3 M fellows pointed this out in the engine bay & suggested some treatment they have to stop further rust. I ve no time to pursue this with TASS and my previous experiences have been bad (An earlier paint job on my front door was pathetic, the paint had smudged some black plastic parts too). I planning to go ahead with the 3 M treatment. The rusting is near the door beadings (which the 3M fellows plan to coat with their rubberized solution and since it is not visible outside, I m fine with the suggestion) and the door beadings are going to be replaced. Talking of parts getting replaced in a FIAT, in 45K kilometers I ve replaced my brake disc and pads 4 times. Unfortunately these are not covered under warranty and I never had this problem with my previous car. BTW mine linea is also from Sept 2009 batch
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  4. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Treatment done by Oberai cars could not stand for a single day in rain. Just 1 day rain formed rust on lower edge of all 4 doors. This happened because they kept doors for around 25 days on lower edges and original coating got damage. Doors are opening with "khasssss "khasssss" sound.

Left fender is full of bubbles.

Rust is back on lot many treated places along with new places. Today talked to Mangesh and told about this. He told that in this week inspection will be done and necessary action will be taken for sure.

NCR Guys, never ever got to Oberai cars. This is just a hell for our cars.
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Inspection has been scheduled on coming Friday @ 11 AM.

Paint supplier, TML & FIAT executives will examine the treatment and required action will be finalized.

Lets hope for the best.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i would suggest you to first visit a competitive paintshop in your area and tell him your story.

a good painter will immediately give you a list of problems he sees in your car.
    note them on a paper, it will come handy when those TML people come in. your technical confidence would then not allow them to fool you or rubbish you in anyway
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Thank you for your suggestion Italia Linea. I just spoke to my known person in Akzo. I'll meet him tomorrow.
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I'll handover my car to Techno on 10th October. If rust forms again, I'll look on other options then.
  9. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Nitin, its really sad that the rust issues have still not been resolved... man.. its been a long long time that you have been reporting and following up on this issue if I remember correctly..
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i would say, give the car to them, take a replacement car till they fix all the rust in ur car.