1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks some good news for you guys.
    Keep us updated, I hope Fiat will keep you happy.
  2. Happy to hear that FIAT is taking adequate care of your concerns. Keep us updated.
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Thank you all...

@Ravi- Mangesh and Anand, both are very much confident about treatment and said like they will treat our cars like their own. They will match quality with plant but I am doubt they can do it.

Rust on floor is very less. I think no need to get floor changed. Also, I avoid to change body shell because changing body shell in TASC may cause further issues like left\right pulling etc so avoiding this as of now but I'll see how is it when they will start treatment. If I found too much rush then I'll take it further later on.

Also, I've asked to provide a letter with exact treatment detail and one year rust and paint warranty since delivery date after treatment. They looks like ok on this.
  4. mrohit17

mrohit17 Timido

Any update Nitin.

I am facing the same issue here with my June 2009 BNW Punto, in my case the rusting is still more severe. Have submitted a report to Fiat and awaiting action from their side.

5. I got my car after anti-rust treatment from TAFE, chennai. I must say, I am not satisfied completely. There are even some evidence of rust in the door edges and boot. There is a rust dot in the bonnet. One of the door beading is not available in stock and I am running the car without that door beading.

@Nitin, any update from your end?
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

the total paint or any sort of superficial treatment will help only on outer surface. if the inner sheet metal has started rusting then no treatment will help it. the rust will propogate further.
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Me and Vijyant are waiting for parts. There was some fire mishappening in Fiat's warehouse and delivery of parts was impected. Anyone can confirm this?

Rust has been formed in some new areas as well by now.

I am sure , rust will be there after treatment too. Lets C when parts will be available.
  8. nitin
    i saw on wheeler dealers. that is the souce of automobile info for me other than the car magazines available today in the market and wikipedia.

the car i saw had a small patch of rust on the footwell area on the passenger side.
    he cut that part out along with some good metal to prevent it spreading and then weldede a new sheet of metal.
    he says how much ever you treat the metal rust once formed will go on increasing in the car..

i saw somewhere on the net where there was a spray chemical which would stop all the corrosion from expanding. it would change the properties of the metal and bring the rusted part also to good health.
    will post the link if i find it again
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Nitin, if the car is yet to be painted, then i'd suggest using POR 15 anti rust coating on atleast the monocoque. Its one of the best there is. It is made in the U. S and imported by a Hyderabadi firm - Anantha Coating Solutions. Talk with thm for it.

Once this is applied, it's goodbye rust fron reoccuring.

Sorry it totally skipped my mind earlier. I'd read up a lot about when i wanted to coat the inside of the fuel tank of my Bullet.

10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

@Gurjinder Bhai, information ek dum pate ki hai. Thx for sharing.
    But, treatment will take place in Oberai Cars, Noida (TASC). Dupont is paint supplier for Oberai Cars. I am not sure how Fiat will react on using POR 15 because treatment will be done under warrenty. I doubt, they will allow it.

I'll get in touch with Hydrabadi dealer and try to get details of process, cost and if they have any tie-up with Fiat. Then I'll talk to Fiat.