1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto infected by too much rust.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 11, 2011.

1. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

My Punto is infected by rust. All 4 doors, Bonnet, Boot Door and Front Fenders are infected very badly.

I've shown this to Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar during free checkup camp and a detailed report is being prepaired for final treatment.

One solution may be to replace infected body parts however its early to say like this but this is a possibility.

I want to know differences between factory fitted and replacement parts. I know , replacement one is lighter compared to factory fitted, but are there any other differences like no sealent, missing safty rods and extra noice from these parts etc.

Your knowledge is very much valuable for me at this time.

Also, please check your car completly , specially on hinges because I've seen this kind of rust in other Puntos too.
  2. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Nitin,

If you could post pics, it will help us compare our Puntos with the rust on yours.

Cheers,
    Naveen
  3. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Pics please, it may help others to locate.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Please post the pics & update the thread with your Communication with FIAT.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    With monsoon reaching here in 2-3 months, its scares me out.
    Also replacement of most of this parts will not bring back the factory build quality, unless its done at factory.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nitin,

As others have pointed out : pictures are extremely important in this case. Please post them ASAP. Till then, we won't have any idea what you are talking about

Amogh
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Here are snaps taken for infected parts. Rust is not limited to these parts only but under biddings too.

My heart is like :(:eek:

Bonnet-1.jpg

Bonnet-2.jpg

Bonnet-3.jpg

Bonnet-5.jpg

Bonnet-4.jpg

Bonnet-6.jpg

Boot-1.jpg

Boot-2.jpg

LFDoor-1.jpg

LFFender-1.jpg

LRDoor-1.jpg

LRDoor-2.jpg

RFDoor-1.jpg

RFDoor-2.jpg

RFDoor-3.jpg

RRDoor-1.jpg

RRDoor-2.jpg

RRDoor-3.jpg
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Third snap from top is a bit blurred. It is covering left front door and left front fender. Both are infected.
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is my wild and really wild guess, the car had some terrible accident before it was delivered to you, may be a TD vehicle, and the SC fixed it but the factory joints which got disturbed went unnoticed.
    Or may be one of those test vehicles which was tested initially even before market production started and Fiat was careless about scraping it.

Any case its a sad scene, hope you get this fixed as you have mentioned. What is the date of manufacturing of your car
  10. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    my friend who has BNW punto emotion had the same issue, all parts were replaced , 4 doors,boot door and bonnet.
    it seems to be an issue only with certain batches on BNW colored puntos

what is the month and year of manufacture of your punto
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011