1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Horn issue

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nand_nand, Dec 26, 2012.

1. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Naveen,

I got a unofficial appointment from TASS on saturday as they say there is no appointment till Jan 5th.. I shall enquire with TASS regarding this.. I am from Chennai and live in Bangalore. Btw, where is the shop from where you got ROOTS horn and what is the cost? I am not comfortable with OEM horn as some people wear ear phones while driving and even when I honk they don't hear. :-(
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I got it done from Jeewajee car decors Anna Nagar Chennai. The horn costs around 550rs and the relay+installation charges comes to 500 rs more. So around 1050 Rs overall. The installation was neat and proffessional though a bit overpriced. They said that they are very careful and never slice any wire if its an europeon made car ::T

Go through http://www.teamfiat.co.in/electrical-systems/2321-horn-upgrade-query-thread.html for all horn upgrade queries

As you have an appointment on saturday check what the problem is with TASS itself. Fix an aftermarket horn at your leisure :)
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  3. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Naveen. I shall update after visiting TASS.
  4. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi naveen,
    today I had been to TASS.. they did some tightening of the screw and they told this is the maximum they can do :-( they asked me to test it.. now the horn sound is changed a lot.. I did not bother much as atleast people can hear my horn sound.. let me know the exact place in Chennai where you had changed the horn I shall change when I come to Chennai..
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    told you that it will be an issue with the horn and nothing major :). Atleast the horn is working for the time being. Thank goodness.
    jeewajee car decors is just next to anna nagar ayyappa temple. in the mean time go through the horn thread i gave you earlier and also decide on the kind of horn you like. There are a lot of sounds for you to choose from.
  6. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes i was also having the same issue with the horn in my Punto 2012. The horn sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt no matter how hard i pressed. Today only i got it repaired and put one more horn and now it sounds really and nice (Hella horns). Anyway the wiring, fuse and handle buttons were okay. The problem was with the horn unit itself, and the dealer replaced it. So now i have two horns but paid for one.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  7. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All Need Help,

Since couple of days my Punto Horn is behaving strangely...........

While cold starting in morning...... Horn may work or may not work......... Once I drive for couple of KM and temperature needle hit 1/4 mark after that... Horn start working properly......

What cloud be the issues?

One more thing....... Left side indicator does not stop automatically after taking turns. this is happening since 10 days......

Any inputs and suggestions are welcome.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    For the indicator issue get the combination switch replaced in Warranty ASAP.

For horn, it might be due to moisture in the contacts but i'm not sure if that is supposed to happen in this season, could be something else.
  9. Pointed

Pointed Timido

NEW DELHI
    NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi ! Unable to find the the way upper grill pull out without opening the bolt behind logo.

Or how to open the bolt behind the logo ???
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    1. Open bonnet
    2. Remove the screws on top part of bumper.
    3. slightly pull the upper part of the bumper so that your hand can pass through it.
    4. Use a ratchet type spanner to remove the nut behind the logo.

Its easier to remove than put it back. Don't do it if you are not confident.
    Also don't put the same query in multiple threads, just search and I think you can find a more detailed description here

Rajeev
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Pointed likes this.