1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Hit and Run By Force Traveller

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by HarshaEvo, Jan 3, 2018.

1. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Novizio

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi, Guys Completed my 3rd servicing For My Fiat Punto 1.4 Petrol.While Returning From Showroom To my Home in AP while crossing an intersection at Gummidipoondi.From My Right Side Force Traveller Vehicle Hit my Fiat Punto.He didn't stop for Red Signal.He just wants to go early as possible.The vehicle is MH Registered .he didn't stop he immediately flew from spot few local people tried to stop him.but unable to catch him. I'm completely scratchless but my punto took the worse impact on its right side glass shattered Door Got Bent Front Fender broken into pieces.I called fiat Service they came to spot taken the vehicle to the showroom but now to repair they are quoting around 60k .for repairs please suggest me what can I do in this issue.is it better buy parts from online fix by a local mechanic? For reference I'm attaching pics

4-5.jpg

IMG_20171017_081825104_HDR_2.jpg

2. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What is the breakup of repairs to be done for 60k? Will they be replacing everything? Any suspension or other mechanical parts need to be replaced?

How much is insurance covering? In my opinion, most of the quotes given by service centers for accident repairs are very much inflated.

I might be wrong, but there seems to be some collusion between the service centers and insurance agents in arriving at these quotes for accident repair. I would suggest to go to a reputed body repair shop and ask them for a quote.

The door shell costs 5.4k on 99rpm.
    https://www.99rpm.com/fiat/door-front-rh-punto.html

You can get a new one and get it painted.

Try to salvage as many parts as possible and reuse them. e.g. your mirror looks like its ok, just needs a new cover.

rajks likes this.
  3. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Novizio

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Breakup
    Door Shell+ Glass 25K
    Paint Gold Colour 25K
    Front Fender+Paint 5k+5k
    Labour Charges+Mirror Around 1500

99rpm doesn't have Punto Evo Spares as of Now I'm trying to source em from Service Center Get if Fixed By Local Mechanic

Insurance Coverage will Be Around 40k.

4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @HarshaEvo

Sorry to hear about the tragedy. Good to know that you are unhurt.
    Do you have zero dep add on cover along with the Insurance cover? If yes, then your contribution will be further reduced from 20K which you mentioned. Why do you want to buy parts from online, let FASS take care of it. All you need to ensure that maximum parts which are not damaged to be re-used. FASS have this tactic of inflating the bills by replacing everything they think is damaged. When the surveyor comes, be present and challenge everything you feel should not be replaced. Hope you get a surveyor who is not hands in glove with the FASS.

Keep us updated of the development.

5. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Evo parts like doors/glass should be exactly the same as grande punto.

I would suggest to get a quote outside first.

Just for reference from google search:

upload_2018-1-3_18-53-31.png upload_2018-1-3_18-54-5.png

6. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Novizio

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    I called a hdfc surveyor he works for mahindra first choice .he quoted me it will cost around 25K.but he suggested me parts will cost less than 10K if I source from showroom and 99rpm

7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I would suggest you to get the car repaired at FASS and not any garage even if they are cheaper than FASS.

8. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Novizio

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    I'm ready to spend hard cash for repair I don't mind about insurance. I want my car get repaired asap as im moving abroad in coming months I need to handover this car to my father he will be using it for his daily commute . .but fiat is still quoting 60k.vecto Motors Bangalore they said it would cost 30k even though I shown vecto motors quotation still fiat Chennai people saying its fixed price of 60k.but im confused left with no options as it's very hard to take the car to Bangalore Fiat authorized towing People quoting 25k to drop the vehicle in Banglore.

9. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Why dont you get the car to be driven to Vecto?

10. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Novizio

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hard to drive door doesn't close.