1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Headlight Upgrade Issue

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Roadking, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Guys need some quick help/suggestions

I upgraded my headlights to 90/100 Philips and everything seems to be fine but I am receiving an error message on my ODO

Below is a snap shot, the error msg is the orange light bulb having and exclamation mark in the center

2012-11-15 20.04.31.jpg

The electrician did try to correct the issue but could not prevail, the kit had one box to it but when the electrician was trying to get to the root of the problem he threw in a relay on the other bulb which didnt have a box so wondering whats wrong

How to get the DTC/CEL or whatever thing is detecting this sorted out?

The error msg disappeared when I switched back to the regular 55W ones when we were trying to figure out whats wrong

Spoke to a techi at TASS and he said that there is nothing he can do as well? But the electrician thinks otherwise, the TASS guy said you can keep driving though and nothing would happen- do you guys think its gonna affect anything?

Has any one the guys faced similar problems after their headlight upgrade on Punto?
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

What Cutout/Relay+Wiring Harness was used? Both I and another member NKiran got a Phillips relay Kit+ Wiring Harness + 100/90 Phillips Rally Bulbs installed on our Punto's before the Ooty meet. No Warning messages were seen on the MID and all is well so far.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Which wiring harness did you buy? There will be a circuit diagram on its cover if its a Roots one. follow that xactly and fix it again, there wont be any MID warning light !
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Me too had hella wire harness with relay and fuses and bulbs upgraded to hella rally 130/90W and did not see any warning lights/messages. Ask the electrician to make the connections properly.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Please check the harness connections. Also check the grounding is proper or not.

I have upgraded headlinghts to P8 HID by myself & din't got any issue like yours.
  6. puntolover

puntolover Novizio

Dust cap

I have philips wiring harness & hella 100/140, works well without any warning, before this i used a cheaper wiring harness which is burned the bulb holders & fuse housing at first instance i switched over to philips harness which is neat & 5 min's DIY job.

I have a question to those who are changed the harness..........how you are used existing rubber cap on rear side of head light assembly, i cutted in the middle of rubber cap, taken holder through that, to seal that cutted gap, i filled with silicone compound, but i am not satisfied with this, is their any better method to secure the dust cap?:confused:

post some photo for better clarity on the subject if available.:)
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually, my installer made a small slit on the edge of plastic dust cap. No photo available.