1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Grande-Pre Buy Jitters!!

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Prosen_b, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Hi Prosen,
    Listen to your head & follow your heart. Get any FIAT car & you will ever admire your wise decision. I had a Wagon-R, which is a fantastic car & I never had any issue with that but when I experienced FIAT, I understood, what all I was missing.
    I had minor issues my Linea T-Jet+ (Its give me immense pleasure to write her name in complete) like door knob at front passenger seat was little hard to open & fuel lid didn't close in one go but the service engineer at Oberai motors, DDN fixed it in no time.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

if Planning for petrol car, Jazz is the way to go. But please do consider Punto Diesel too.
  3. Prosen_b

Prosen_b

Awesome-O :D

Thank you all for the quick replies----seems like the Punto it is!!

My Average drive in comes under 30Kms/day, saving the odd trip over a long weekend,etc, hence thought the petrol would be ok.
    And thank you for the link to the pdi checklist-impeccably put down.

Thanks for the feedback on Oberoi Cars-gounugupta

Well it's going to be a week of travel(not for pleasure unfortunately), and then it should be time to head back to the fiat caffe afterwards---will keep you all posted on all that transpires-and hopefully a pleasant ride to finally get the Punto home..

Cheers

Pb
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    See if your allows you to go for Punto MJD Dynamic, or even Active. Your monthly drive will cross 800 or so and Diesel makes more sense.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Your average daily drive justifies a diesel. Going by the trend petrol prices may hit 90 or even 100 Rs in a few years. A lakh more of initial investment will be worth in the long run. I myself own a petrol punto and know how big a hole it makes in my monthly budget, with a daily running on 25 kms. And, never expect Alto petrol's mileage from a FIAT car. The difference is of 900kg versus 1190kg.
    If you are worried about about the maintenance cost of diesel, let me tell you that is almost on par with petrol, and if at all it goes high, it may be a very small portion of the money you saved on diesel cost.

So consider diesel seriously. If you are considering the smoothness of a petrol car, then let me tell you, the 2012 Punto is as smooth, refined, and silent as the 1.4 Petrol.

About niggles: No car is niggle free, unfortunately FIAT too has some resolvable niggles, but gets too much of negative propaganda. People make big noise when there is an issue, but dont report when the issue is resolved. With any car, the only suport system you would need is a reliable service center with trained, efficient technicians. I think this will not be an issue anymore as FIAT has started opening dedicated, trained, and most important, FIAT's own ASS.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Pb, nice that you have decided on the Punto you will relish you choise for sure. There is something about Punto that brings the adrenaline pumping and you will enjoy every bit of it.
    But i would like to put a point forward, if you are looking for a Petrol car then Punto 1.4 would be a wiser choise than Punto 1.2 and if 1.2 would be your choise then Jazz is a winner in all aspects. I would suggest to also look at the Punto Diesel (may be 90HP) ;) looking at the montly average drive that you are suggesting on. Am sure once you buy a Punto you will be addicted to driving :evilsmile

Finally you are the one who can decide whats the best option for you, its only all our experience/opinions to help you make a better decision ;-)

All the best for your purchase

by the way, Welcome to TFI
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  7. Prosen_b,

You are in the same cross roads as I was 3 months back.

Jazz - Very nice station wagon( not a hatch back! ) 1.2 Sweet petrol engine is very smooth and even mileage vice its OK. Gives around 11-13 in City and 16+ in Highway.
    Its a city car and not fit for highway rides. Jazz is a good deal, if you go for base variant, where you get all ABS,Airbags, Good ICE and lot more.

I suggest you go for JAZZ if you are searching for a city ride pertrol car. If not, then there are more options from Punto in diesel.