1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto got dented!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by trance_nut, Jun 17, 2011.

1. trance_nut

New Delhi
    Attaching the pictures of the dent. i had to touch up the affected area as it rained the day i met with the accident, and the next day i noticed spots of rust. As it is, this area would be sandpaper'ed when the repairs are done. I don't think getting the whole bonnet needs to be painted in this case. What is you opinion guys? My only problem is that the paint came off like peeling of an onion skin, dunno if part painting of the bonnet will be able to mask the difference between the existing paint and the new paint.

2. Axn

Axn Regolare

Bonnet and front bumper will need replacement, so painting shall be important. Contact oberoi motors, noida as they are supposed to have newest setup in NCR. Important would be the sealant application as the new bonnet from factory are not coming with sealant. Insist on this. else the new bonnet will rust.

Insurance claim is a must.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Looking at above pictures, I will strongly recomment that, dont repair you car to the Local Garage. Go to the Authorised Service Center for 100% Perfect Repair.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  4. I would suggest you to get it done at the dealership,but i dont think we need to go for a replacement of bonnet.you could get it moulded back into shape and then there would be wet sanding,then primers,layers of paint and there you get your beauty as beautifull as it was earlier:D
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

I think they would paint the whole bonet.. Not sure though.
    May be you can also try painting the bonet to Jet black colour i think it will look cool.
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

@Trance, I think first you need to take it to the TASC and ask for best treatment.

I second Mr. Vijyant on sealent part. New bonnet will not come with sealent and you need to push SC team to get manual sealent application otherwise you will see worst thing "RUST".

Keep us posted.
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Sad to see, but my Punto also got a dent and paint peeled off on left side read arch - A stupid collegue of mine had parked his car crazily in the basement parking on a curve, to avoid hitting his car i steered bit left and scrapped the curved wall on left...my heart sank as i heard the noise...didnt bother to see what happened till i drove back to home...and my worst fears was in front of me....As i am relocating shortly and its raining now, i will get the it repaired under insurance claim..i am sure bangalore traffic will give some more kisses and hugs... so will wait..will post pics later.. :(