1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto got dented!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by trance_nut, Jun 17, 2011.

1. trance_nut

trance_nut

New Delhi
    My punto got its first wound, thanks to the stupid private buses in Noida. Was stuck on a ramp of an underpass in front of GIP. I was about a half a car length behind the bus that had stopped to pick up passengers. That fool kept rolling back, and cud,nt stop and banged into the bonnet of my punto. I tried to prevent the colllison by rolling back, but hit the car standing behind me. The end result:
    A damaged bumper on the front right near the lip of the bonnet. It has been pressed iniside around 2 cms., and a 6 inch diameter dent on the bonnet near the lip.
    My question, is it better to claim insurance or go for it through my pocket. Also not too sure about the painting expertise of A.S.S in delhi, any recommendations, please?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sad to hear that!

Delhi NCR TFIans can guide you on the best place to get it done.

Can you post up a pic so that we can try and gauge the extent of the damage? Has the paint chipped off or can it be dry dented back into shape?

Gurjinder.
  3. Sorry to hear about the damage. Would request you to please post some pics if possible. You can either go to Elegant (Patparganj Industrial Area) or Oberoi Motors (Noida) whichever is easy for you and get it analysed there. I have heard that the Oberoi motors got new painting equipments as well.
  4. trance_nut

trance_nut

New Delhi
    The bonnet paint has chipped off, the underlying metal is visible. The bumper has hairline crack (around a feet of crack) on the edge near the bonnet. Will post the pictures in the evening (from home)

5. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    It really hurts.

Atul
  6. Hi Trance,

Its better to claim insurance.Just to repaint half bumper they quoted me around 2k.For repairing your bonnet and painting definitely they will quote more than 4k.
    if you calculate next year insurance discount on no claim bonus, it will not be more than 4k.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think this should cost more than the No Claim Bonus of your car insurance. Better you do this repair under insurance. The NCB us usually 20% of your insurance premium.

It depends on which company's insurance you have. My suggestion will be for Insurance.
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

@Trance, its very bad news buddy.

My suggestion is , take car to Oberai cars. Ask them to call paint matcher from Dupont. Because first paint application should be accurate otherwise they have to apply a new layer which would not be good.

Claim insurance.
  9. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    +1 to Nitin dba

insurance claim is must as the cost shall be pretty high. close to 10K, i think!
  10. post the pics. Insurance is better i guess.. If the crack on the bumper is not that wide you can get it repaired. Or around 2k from your pocket, if you need to replace it. Go to any other mechanic and they heat it a little and fix it back