1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PUNTO: Front wheel disc replacement

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravenlord, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

I used my GP E+ Petrol after a break of five days this week and there appeared a wobbling every time I braked, as if the brake pedal was pushing me back every time I tried to stop. I got it checked at the service center and they said the disc was damaged and needed replacing (there were thin fine lines on the disc). They did it for INR3,000. Incidentally, they said the brake pads were fine for another 4,000 kms. Which is what is odd to me: how can the brake pads be fine if the disc got damaged? Is there some precaution I can take to make sure my new discs don't get damaged? My car has done 18,000 kms and is a bit less than 2 years old.

Any advice is much appreciated!

2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Brake pads also should be replaced to protect the life of brake disk.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The rotors are damaged because of the pads only.

I'd say it'll be cheap insurance to replace the pads also.
  4. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

Thank you guys. I thought the same and asked the service center guy about replacing the pads too. He said they took off the pads and cleaned them up, and they are good for another 4,000 kms. I run about 800kms a month, and my third servicing is due in September - I think I will just get the pads replaced at that time instead of waiting another 4,000 kms. Btw, is there any way I can tell if my pads are really damaged (e.g., less braking efficiency etc.)?
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  5. its a good idea to change the pads along with the discs.